New Mexico land owner tags.

deadibob

Long Time Member
Has anyone here ever had any luck going through the Land owner tag list in New Mexico and found a landowner willing to sell a tag voucher for less than the amount that outfitters resell them? Of course I'm not expecting to know who and where, just if it is worth the effort to search.

Its possible but very tough, there are alot of outfitters in new mexico, the majority are already spoken for but anything is possible

Has anyone here ever had any luck going through the Land owner tag list in New Mexico and found a landowner willing to sell a tag voucher for less than the amount that outfitters resell them? Of course I'm not expecting to know who and where, just if it is worth the effort to search.

Yes.

Yes I've done it. That being said it was not for one of the more coveted units.

Get the list and start calling, all they can say is no.

It takes a lot of time and calling. You can get lucky however, in my experience, guides have for the most part secured long term commitments on the tags, the family members will be using the tags, the landowners are not interested in selling the tags OR the selling price is at or above current market value.
All I can tell you is Keep trying and good luck.

The LO,s that I know sell their tags to the same guys year after year. They are local outfitters that bring green cash to the LO,s house and thats what the LO,s like. Some of the LO,s that I’m friends with around here are uncomfortable dealing with someone they don’t know from another state on the phone for the amount the tags go for.

I did. Paid up front the full amount for the voucher and it was mailed to me, no problems. Most of the tags are already committed but things happen and the guy that calls gets a tag.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom