new mexico unit 23-24

i have a opertunity to get a deer tag in one of these units but i now nothing about them othere than what iv read on the net i know othere than its on the gila ntl forest any hellp would be most gratfull thanks

I have hunted both units for deer with a rifle. Deer densities are low in 24, a little better in 23. If you are getting a license at this late point, you are either going to put in for a left over bow license or by a private land license. Be careful on the private land licenses, you can only hunt deeded property on the ranch you buy the tag for. No BLM, not FS no state land. There are some good ranches in 23 to hunt.

this will be my 3rd time in unit 24. my son and I drew the general deer hunt there this november. I had been there in 2004 and although I did NOT kill a deer I saw bucks and my friend took a small 3x3. last fall I drew the tag but I could not go on the hunt, 2 other friends got 2 very LARGE bucks. all in 24. there was a 3 point OR better antler restriction in effect LAST YEAR, however it has been reduced to a 2 POINT OR BETTER antler restriction this fall. never been to 23, hunted one year in 30, saw ALOT of hunters. hope that helps !

Proud White Man !!!!!
M WAITE, AZ.

My dad bought a couple of excess archery tags for 24. Where can I find some Coues on public land? We want to be able to camp and have a couple of fairly easy weekend hunts in September. Any advice?

thanks guys for the imput i ended up not buying a tag i was in vegas and didnt have accses to the internet lol so i didnt luck out there was some leftover muzz tags but not anymore

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom