New muzzleloader hunt in Montana

bowedark

Received a notice from Montana DNR about the new muzzleloader hunt

I’ve always wanted a hunt muley in December
The talk is November the later the better & you should the one’s that come out in December

The new muzzleloader boast distance of 2 miles LOL this could be fun

Anyone got any reports on the overall season

antlerradar

With the weapons restrictions on this season, shots beyond 100 yard will be bordering on the unethical.
If every unprepared Joe that couldn't fill a tag during six weeks of archery and five weeks of rifle season jumps in on the new muzzleloader season it will not be long and the small group that pushed this season will be calling for choose your weapon in Montana.
Landowners hate it. After six weeks of archery and five weeks of rifle landowners more than ready to be done wrangling hunters. The result is many of them turn the management of hunting thier property over to a third party. Getting paid to have some one take the hassle out of hunting season is a win win in the view of many landowners. Adding another 9 days of hunting going to make it harder for those unwilling to participate in the pay to play game.

elks96

Very Active Member
Why cant the guys who want to hunt with a muzzy just hunt during the rifle season?

I am hearing and seeing a lot of stupid coming from MT lately. Before long you will end up with 15 seasons scattered over 3 months but no one will get to hunt more than week as they will force you into a system like Colorado.

Sad. Hope MT stands up and fights this bs. I suck with my muzzle loader. But with open sights I can easily kill to 200 yards. If I got serious and worked it I have no doubt that my $300 muzzy loader would be lethal to 400...

Carnage2011

Received a notice from Montana DNR about the new muzzleloader hunt

I’ve always wanted a hunt muley in December
The talk is November the later the better & you should the one’s that come out in December

Anyone got any reports on the overall season
You may want to look into what is actually legal for this season. I wouldn’t show up with your long range muzzleloader…

Carnage2011

Why cant the guys who want to hunt with a muzzy just hunt during the rifle season?

I am hearing and seeing a lot of stupid coming from MT lately. Before long you will end up with 15 seasons scattered over 3 months but no one will get to hunt more than week as they will force you into a system like Colorado.

Sad. Hope MT stands up and fights this bs. I suck with my muzzle loader. But with open sights I can easily kill to 200 yards. If I got serious and worked it I have no doubt that my $300 muzzy loader would be lethal to 400...
This is a traditional muzzy season. You aren’t shooting a Hawkins anywhere near 300 yards.

Cahunter805

Long Time Member
It’s still a ridiculous addition to the already way to long General season. It’s pretty sad actually because Montana has a wide variety of excellent habitats and could grow some exceptional deer if they actually managed for it just a little bit.

mtmuley

Long Time Member
It’s still a ridiculous addition to the already way to long General season. It’s pretty sad actually because Montana has a wide variety of excellent habitats and could grow some exceptional deer if they actually managed for it just a little bit.
Montana could have World class animals of all big game species with the right management. mtmuley

Hnttillmt

It doesn’t necessarily have to be a ball and flintlock. It can be percussion cap and lead conical. No sabots. Fwp has it all lined out on their website. I sure hope this doesn’t catch on. At least not in this format.
I would not mind seeing a limited draw muzzleloader tag with some choice dates with no overlapping seasons. Maybe. But at this point in the year the animals need a damn break. Especially with shoulder and B tag hunters still running amok.

Ultimag

Montana could have World class animals of all big game species with the right management. mtmuley
It will take a lot more then just management
To get hunting in montana, back to what it once
Was and even then i truely don't think hunting in any of the western states will ever be what it once was, we have lost way to much habitat from development, invasive species & several other things it will never be the same

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Top Bottom