New Non-Resident Draw Date

shedneck

Do you all think some of the odds will get a bit better for elk hunts, especially in the special draw, now that Wyoming will be hanging onto $1300 for almost 4 months for non-residents?

I hope so. I put in two of my boys and with last years odds and hopefully some drop in applications, maybe one or both will get lucky.

I think some people that have enough points to have a “chance” to draw a tag in the preference draw may wait until it’s a guarantee draw. The uncertainty of drawing under the new draw dates makes it very difficult to plan/apply for hunts in other states.

I think some people that have enough points to have a “chance” to draw a tag in the preference draw may wait until it’s a guarantee draw. The uncertainty of drawing under the new draw dates makes it very difficult to plan/apply for hunts in other states.
I agree with that. It’s also a little strange that even if you modify or withdraw your application, you won’t receive a refund until after the draw. With all of my other state applications, I thought it would be nice to modify or withdraw if I draw some other tag that conflicts with Wyoming and get a refund right away. No such luck. Not complaining - it’s constantly costing more to play these games and I still keep playing.

Well the draw date change has certainly kept me from applying for a Wy elk tag this year. I would have been applying and hoping for a random tag but instead will just be buying points.
I suspect that there will be at least few others that don't like the idea of waiting 4 months to learn draw results and certainly to receive a refund from an unsuccessful application.

I usually put in trying to draw a random tag but didn't this year. For me it wasn't the issue of holding my money but the chance of having scheduling conflicts with other hunts .

I believe the odds in the random draws will increase in some units. I just don’t see many guys laying down $1280 bucks for a random draw of 3%. May be wrong, but I suspect I’m right.

There may be leftovers in unit 100:oops:

With 100 more tags this year I expect to see the draw odds improve. I applied for 100 in the special draw with 1 under max points. I still am sure that my only hope is a random tag. It is the random tag hopefuls that I think will skip the draw this year. Anyone with max points likely applied as if nothing changed.

I thought they added 100 type 1 tags in 2019.
I still applied in WY and will be glad to let them keep my money and give me a tag. If not I’ll take the refund and spend it on other outdoor gear considering I will have probably forgot about it in 4 months anyway. ?

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom