New NR fees for 2018

txhunter58

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Jan-14-18 AT 11:29AM (MST)[p]Read um and weep NR boys and girls:

http://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Commission/2017/Nov/W-2-Combined_CPI_TrappingEdits_AsApproved.pdf

Bull / either sex tag is now $660
Cow tag is $495
Deer tag is $395

They continue to boil us frogs alive

For all you residents who will chime in tell US how it is still good deal, yada yada, Please push for a change where YOUR tag fees are higher AND get raised every year. I know all the other arguments.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

LAST EDITED ON Jan-14-18 AT 12:28PM (MST)[p]+$23.61

I'd be ok with a nominal resident fee increase as long as it didn't go to managin Dickiebirds.

Hasbean

Colorado Non resident Elk. $663.16 Plus fishing license $56?
Wyoming Non Resident Elk $691.00
Idaho Non Resident Elk $$416 + $240 + $10.00 = $666
Montana Non Resident $858

Hasbean

LAST EDITED ON Jan-14-18 AT 03:27PM (MST)[p]Yep Beanman, it is a rich NR man's sport more and more no matter where you go. And $500 for a cow tag? Most years I hunt a cow and that is starting to reach the tipping point. Especially as I near retirement age.

txhunter58

>LAST EDITED ON Jan-14-18
>AT 12:28?PM (MST)

>
>+$23.61
>
>I'd be ok with a nominal
>resident fee increase as long
>as it didn't go to
>managin Dickiebirds.
>
>Hasbean

How about a nominal fee increase this year and then a "cost of living" increase each and every year thereafter?

txhunter58

How bout we tie it to wages? Guess what they've done the last 25yrs? Non res fees are ridiculous btw.

#livelikezac

I'd love to hunt Wyoming or Montana so I understand. Guess you'll have to retire to your Colorado property?

BTW TX, you are one of the good guys. Always ready to help someone with good information.

Hasbean

You are too Hasbean (Ha! I like that).

Let me know if you ever head down here in retirement and I can show you a Texas ranch. Always pigs to hunt here and you don't even need a license for that!

txhunter58

I'm a NR , I think that is still a fair price. Got guys paying that or more for a cow tag here in n.m. wanna play? Gotta pay! I'm hoping to be able to do a general elk deer combo in Montana good willing!

>You are too Hasbean (Ha! I
>like that).
>
>Let me know if you ever
>head down here in retirement
>and I can show you
>a Texas ranch. Always
>pigs to hunt here and
>you don't even need a
>license for that!
>
>txhunter58
>
>venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore
Not to be one of those but

Everytime I've been in TX on a hog hunt. I had to buy a license---it's for exotics & such. It's about $50

CBob:
You only need to buy a license if you are hunting something other than hogs OR if you pay to hunt hogs. There is an exemption from buying a license for a "depredation" hunt on hogs. ALL my hunts are depredation hunts when it comes to hogs.

txhunter58

>LAST EDITED ON Jan-14-18
>AT 11:29?AM (MST)

>
>Read um and weep NR boys
>and girls:
>
>http://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Commission/2017/Nov/W-2-Combined_CPI_TrappingEdits_AsApproved.pdf
>
>Bull / either sex tag is
>now $660
>Cow tag is $495
>Deer tag is $395
>
>They continue to boil us frogs
>alive
>
>For all you residents who will
>chime in tell US how
>it is still good deal,
>yada yada, Please push for
>a change where YOUR tag
>fees are higher AND get
>raised every year. I know
>all the other arguments.
>
>txhunter58
>
>I am)

It's inevitable. Have you checked prices in Wyoming, Nevada, etc.....

I know all are high, but with Colorado, they raise it every year. If they raise it the same percentage every year as this one, this is what we can look forward to on elk (either-sex/bull) prices in the next 5 years:
$680
$700
$722
$744
$767

And since cow licenses are now 75% of those, in 5 years the cow tag will be: $575

I personally should have at least another good 15 years to hunt, and should be able to afford it if I choose to, but my kids and grandkids will be looking at some really high prices in their future. Don't see them being able to swing an annual trip as I and many others have. Colorado has us current elk addicts over a barrel because they have the most and easiest to obtain tags. But in the future I see them still selling tags, but the NRs will be driving $100,000 trucks and pulling $20,000 side by sides. That said, Colorado has already lost 30,000 NR hunters due to the price hikes, so at some point, that number will jump again

txhunter58

So you will continually see the NR prices in CO adjust every year. If you look at the bottom of the chart on page one y0u will see that the license increase is adjusted based on the Consumer Price Index for Colorado. Also realize that the Commission set the actually prices slightly lower than what the statute allowed by rounding down to the $5.00 increment.

It is pretty safe to say that Colorado will see a $10-$30 increase every year going forward as the CPI grows. Some years it may stay flat and some years it could even drop a bit.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-15-18 AT 06:00PM (MST)[p]Colorado CPI is always high. What gets me is there is no cap on increases based off CPI. Some years are above 3% well more than most employers give out well out passing wages. I with DW tying it to wages but we all know this won't happen.

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

Just checked on the price of a NR deer tag in my home state of Wisconsin. $160 to sit on the edge of a friends corn field and shoot a 125 lb deer.

>Just checked on the price of
>a NR deer tag in
>my home state of Wisconsin.
>$160 to sit on the
>edge of a friends corn
>field and shoot a 125
>lb deer.

Lookin for volunteers?

#livelikezac

Unfortunately the area has carcass movement restrictions due to the severity of chronic wasting disease. Sure hope it never gets that bad in Colorado.

Uh, you can't bring a carcass from Colorado (mule deer or elk) into Texas any more

txhunter58

Are they restricting bone and brain and still allowing you to bring strictly meat home? Or do they not allow you to bring any portion of a deer or elk from Colorado back to Texas?

#livelikezac

As a WI resident myself I think it's a joke how guys from Iowa and Illinois get to hunt here for $160 but we pay $450 to hunt there.

Luckily, South Dakota mule deer price hasn't changed and MN whitetail is still cheap.

I refuse to pay what Montana wants....so it's CO, WY, UT and SD for me.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-16-18 AT 11:33PM (MST)[p]
>Quarters and meat are fine.
>Basically can't bring head/brain or
>spinal cord. Look on
>page 7 for full regs:
>
>
>https://www.texas-wildlife.org/files/publications/CWD_management_for_hunters2016.pdf
>
>txhunter58
>
>I am)

As I expected, your verbiage threw me a bit. Can't deny that for a moment I had visions of a texanless national forest.

#livelikezac

>
>As I expected, your verbiage threw
>me a bit. Can't deny
>that for a moment I
>had visions of a texanless
>national forest.
>
>
>#livelikezac

The mystery to me is that I know there were probably hundreds/thousands of infected carcasses brought back before they put up the restrictions. Many of them were probably thrown out on "the back 40". And yet, there has been no spike in cases of CWD except where infected live animals were brought in to deer farms. That doesn't make sense

txhunter58

>
>>
>>As I expected, your verbiage threw
>>me a bit. Can't deny
>>that for a moment I
>>had visions of a texanless
>>national forest.
>>
>>
>>#livelikezac
>
>The mystery to me is that
>I know there were probably
>hundreds/thousands of infected carcasses brought
>back before they put up
>the restrictions. Many of
>them were probably thrown out
>on "the back 40". And
>yet, there has been no
>spike in cases of CWD
>except where infected live animals
>were brought in to deer
>farms. That doesn't make
>sense
>
>
>txhunter58
>
>I am)

I know they say those prions can be active a long time on the ground. I just don't know how many animals are shot that have CWD. I think once they come in contact with it they go downhill in a hurry. And if you were I would see an animal with it we wouldn't shoot it. If we did shoot it we would walk away from it once we saw it on the ground. I'm sure there were some that were brought back to Texas and every other part of the world that had it.
#livelikezac

There have probably been positive animals brought into Texas for the last 50 years.

As far as how long before they show symptoms, we still don't know all we should about the disease. I personally know of at least 4 hunters that killed "healthy" mature bucks in Colorado that tested positive. There was no clue they were infected until they got the call from the DOW. They recommended they destroy the meat and they refunded their tag price plus a processing fee price as well.

Of course we don't know how long ago they contracted the disease.

txhunter58

That's not a bad price, Hell I just paid $2k to hunt in your great state of TEXAS for a management deer. You all need to lower your prices. Just messing with you Texas guy, I look forward to going back and spending another 2k for a different animal this time. Maybe a blackbuck.

But your license for that is $48. As far as the 2K, you need to hook up with someone like me. I do swap hunts. I have been to Alaska, Montana, and Colorado. And no one that has hunted my place has paid a dime except the license. If you have a hunt to offer PM me

txhunter58

On our ranch, we lease a few spots that get you year round access with bag limits of 2 whitetail bucks, 3 does (any species), 4 turkeys, and unlimited hogs. That will cost you $1500. Add an exotic buck (axis, blackbuck, sika) for another $1000.

Before you say "AHAH! See how much more Texas hunting costs!", For $700 we get to hunt elk for 5-9 days (unless you are retired and bowhunt), whereas I provide a ranch with NO other hunters, a cabin to stay in, and you can go ALL YEAR. Apples and oranges.

That said we lease 3 spots on 400 acres. We hunt the other 600 acres with friends, swap hunters and always take several kids who have never hunted before every year.

txhunter58

LAST EDITED ON Jan-20-18 AT 05:09PM (MST)[p]

9148img1425.jpg

86603img1441.jpg

My Alaska friend brought his son down. No money changed hands as we are friends. He did ok! His license fee..........$7 Yep, they start them young in Alaska!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom