New point rules???

Tank

I wanted to get some feed back on this years draw. If I read it right, you lose your points even if you draw the last choice on your application? It doesn't matter if your last choice is a general season tag? I hope I am wrong cause there are going to be some pissed off hunters who lose a decade of points just to hunt a general season tag.

The general draw is a different draw than the LE draw.So you won't lose your LE points if you draw a general tag the way I understand it.

If you have preference points from not drawing your first GS deer choice then you will now lose those if you draw any of your GS deer choices, including your last.

As someone else said the change was to close the loophole in the GS deer draw and the LE Buck Deer stays the same.

Ya, your LE deer won't be affected... but you will loose all General deer points if you draw a General deer tag, regardless of the choice number.

Wow, have I been out of the loop that long? Now, there are general season points separate from the LE point system? When did that start?

Yes, you can put in for LE deer, general deer, and dedicated hunter all in the same year... But you can only draw one of them (you might be able to draw LE deer and dedicated hunter in the same year, but I'm not positive about that).

As far as I know, they do the LE drawing first, then they do dedicated hunter draw, and then the general deer draw.

delmag,
you haven't hunted a general season in 7 yrs? Man, you must have terrible luck or the state of Utah hates you. Wish you luck this year! Hope you get a big one to make up for it...

LE points have been awarded separate from the general season deer permits for a lot longer than 7 years. Max points for LE deer in Utah is over 20.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom