NEW QUAD

YukonDall

Long Time Member
FELLAS I NEED A NEW QUAD IF I WANT TO KEEP ON HUNTING, (66 YOA). I AM LOOKING FOR A 400CC QUAD, FUEL INJECTED,4 WHEEL DRIVE,DOES NOT HAVE TO BE TOP OF THE LINE. JUST WONDERED WHAT MAKES & MODELS YOU GUYS HAVE HAD GOOD LUCK WITH ????

I AM KIND OF LOST IN THE QUAD WORLD, THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE...?????..YD.

Electric power steering should be at the top of your list. I bought a used Yamaha Grizzly 550 this summer. Power steering and an independent rear axel make a huge difference. It has more power than I need. It's ride is much softer than my Father in laws Honda rancher with EPS. It replaces a 2004 Yamaha Big Bear 400. I Rode the big bear last week and the comfort difference is noticable.

Hasbean

I agree with BeanMan I also have a Yamaha Grizzly 550 with power steering this is my second one. I had the same model w/o power steering and after riding one with PS I sold it and bought a new one with PS they don't make the 550 anymore it was replaced with the 700

As you get older some ATvs are not like all the rest. I own a Polaris now and my get into a Can Am later. The suspension is allot better, but you pay for it with the cost. I have owned a Honda (it beat the crap out of my back) and a friend has a Brute force that I hate to ride with him because of the same issue. Look into something that rides comfortable. I'm not sure where you are from but I live in Nevada and the trails here are rocky and give you a rough ride. The Polaris took allot out of it. Can Am, son has one, is even nicer to ride with. The more money you can spend the better the unit. My opinion.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-23-19 AT 04:23PM (MST)[p]I have a Brute Force 650 and a Suzuki King Quad 500. I like the Suzuki since it has fuel injection and starts better in cold weather. I had a Yamaha Grizzly 700 years ago and it was great too. Oh , and the Suzuki gets awesome MPG.

I wanted a quad too, a 2 seater. I got outvoted and settled for a RZR. I'm gonna have to sneak that quad into the trailer one of these days, 500-700 will be plenty.

?Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. "

I'm not sure where you are located Yukon But if you have a dealer around you that is a cfmoto dealer check em out. But only if you have a certified dealer in your area for maint / repairs. For the price you can't really beat em especially the last few years. They have really stepped up their quality in production.

Yamaha Kodiak 450 EPS have locking diff 4x4 double wish bone suspension power steering tons of power the locking diff is only available on the 2020 models. Or get the Kodiak 700 EPS almost the exact same unit size wise just more ground clearance and bigger motor & gas tank. Weighs about 35 #s more or get the Griz its only available in the 700

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom