New Release

RabidRattleSnake1

Looking at getting a new release for hunting. What are you guys shooting? I want a hook style release for use with a d-loop. I am willing to bust up for an expensive model (Carter, etc.) if it helps in accuracy.

I really like my Trufire Hardcore, good adjustability, pivot head, fold back design, steel buckle, very comfortable. Amazon has a good price $78.48 with a prime account.

I shot a carter for 18 years great release, just upgraded to the Stan Just X 4 finger like it better than the carter.

Hangfire I have been playing with the idea of a BTR, but just don't know about hunting situations. For the range I think it would be perfect once you get used to it. Do you use your for hunting? or do you switch back to a trigger model for hunts. I just don't know anyone who shoots one to ask what their thoughts are.

I shot the Scott Little Bitty Goose for years and liked it. I just switched to the Scott Rhino XT and like it even more. I like that I can hook onto my d-loop without looking at it. Great release!

I used to use the caliper style release.......for some reason I tried my buddy's "Wiseguy" release. For hunting I like the idea of just having to "hook" the D loop instead of making sure both sides of the calipers go around the loop material. I have actually only pinched the loop (in archery league shoot)allowing for "pre-mature release". Not good in any situation.

I do use mine for hunting, but the back tension is all I've ever used. I have some friends switch and they do take a while to get used to, but for accuracy I believe this is the best way to go. Most archery shops will let you try there releases to see if you like them before you buy. One nice feature with the just x is it has a pin that installs in the jaw so you can draw and shoot without the release actually firing, so makes practicing using the release a do anywhere anytime thing.

I currently use a hook style release, but it is getting old so I am looking to get a new something before it fails. I want to keep it as a back up. I am really thinking of giving a BTR a try.

I just bought a Scott Longhorn Hunter BTR. Have only shot it on the range, but do plan on trying to hunt with it this fall. I am amazed at the improved accuracy I am seeing thus far. I will shoot the summer 3D league with it to help prepare for hunting with it.
I have always used a Scott Little Goose and shot it really well.

I'm a big fan of the Carter Quickie II Plus if you want a wrist strap release. It's a hook style, index finger, wrist strap release, but has the same mechanism as all their high end hand held target releases. Even has the external spring removal so you can try different release forces and has the adjustable free play screw.

I carry it around as my back up now, as I've started hunting and shooting target full time with my Carter Just Cuz and Insatiable releases. Got tired of trying to go back and forth between releases when the seasons switched.

Cheers,
Pete

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom