New Sheep Units

yatran

Does anyone know if new sheep units means more tags? Or if it will be a similar number of tags spread throughout all of the old and new units?

I’m curious about this as well.

Wish we could know this info BEFORE we have to apply for the draw! I would like to know this as well having a handful of points

Yatran,

Like we discussed, the Fish and Game like to release those kind of critical number just AFTER the application deadline. LOL
Someone somewhere knows the answer to your query but I suspect you won't find them on a public forum.
Maybe try reaching out to the "sheep coordinator" in SLC. (I think I heard there's such a person in that capacity... maybe called by a different title?). Could be they would be forthcoming with the scoop of the season!
The info might possibly help you if you're over 21 points but if you're below that, it's irrelevant anyway.

Zeke

I wonder if you could put in a GRAMA request? Dont know how that would work with tag #s but I have used it multiple times when the DWR would not release sheep info I wanted......by law they did had to and did release it.
Pretty simple process. I would go down and fill out the form and take a picture of it, heck video giving it to the clerk. That way they can't say it was not turned in.

Yatran,

Like we discussed, the Fish and Game like to release those kind of critical number just AFTER the application deadline. LOL
Someone somewhere knows the answer to your query but I suspect you won't find them on a public forum.
Maybe try reaching out to the "sheep coordinator" in SLC. (I think I heard there's such a person in that capacity... maybe called by a different title?). Could be they would be forthcoming with the scoop of the season!
The info might possibly help you if you're over 21 points but if you're below that, it's irrelevant anyway.

Zeke
so you're calling me irrelevant ZEKE?

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom