New Swarovski Spotter

Now I just need a light weight tripod/bipod to hold
Revic Stabilizer Backpacker Tripod
Every long range hunter needs a quality tripod for both glassing and shooting. Tripod shooting opens up a wide range of opportunities that the prone-only hunter otherwise misses. We’ve configured this setup for the perfect all-around field application, balancing weight and stability, features and simplicity, quality and affordability.
  • ARCA dovetail with 2 included ARCA rails, pairs with optics or Gunwerks Magnus & Verdict ARCA rails
  • Ball head with pan feature & multiple tensioning knobs
  • 5 Section Carbon Fiber legs
  • 3 angle stops on legs
  • Interchangeable Rubber and Spike feet
  • Min height: 3”, Max height: 50”
  • Collapsed Length: 18.3”
  • Weight: 2.3 lbs
  • Includes: Instructions, Allen Wrenches, Weight Hook, Second Arca-Swiss Plate, Carrying Case
TRIPOD RS-255c
  • Carbon fiber
  • 5 Section
  • 15.5 inch folded length
  • 47.5 inch Max Height
  • 2.25 inch Min Height
  • 1.65 lbs Weight+ Max Load 17.5 lbs
  • 1/4 turn twist leg locks
BALL HEAD RB-30
  • 30mm Ball Diameter
  • 3/8”-16 Mounting Hole
  • 3.875 inch Height
  • 33 lbs Max Load
  • .66 lbs Weight
  • Screw-Knob
  • ARCA style dovetail mount

around 2600 from what I hear, I am with you Colorado boy, that's what I have and will stick with it.

Rich
Ya you’re better off taking that 2600 dollars and investing in some 15s instead of carrying that cute little thing around. Die hard swaro guy, but this is a solid no for me. If you need a compact just run a ATX eye piece with a 65mm

Ya you’re better off taking that 2600 dollars and investing in some 15s instead of carrying that cute little thing around. Die hard swaro guy, but this is a solid no for me. If you need a compact just run a ATX eye piece with a 65mm
I've got the new Swaro 15s and NL12's. I've also got an 88mm Kowa (I sold my Swaro 85 because the Kowa Prominar lenses have better contrast than Swarovski to me eyes). There are still times I take the little Kowa.

Archery deer hunting last week was a prime example. The bucks were far enough away that I couldn't discern tine length with the 15s, but the little Kowa worked perfectly and allowed me to take a smaller tripod too since I didn't have the big spotter on it. There really is an optical difference in 15x and 45x and I'm sure the new Swaro will have great glass as well. I look forward to seeing it when it hits store shelves.

I ended up giving my 15s to my brother when I got the NL 12s. I’ve found the 12s paired with the 95mm spotter is all I need from what I’ve found. Played with the 115mm and i didn’t find it to be a significant enough advantage for me over the 95. I’ve heard a lot of great things about the Kowa spotters. I’m just to heavily invested in the ATX system to think about switching.

Grizzly, shhhhh, don't tell people that there is a optical difference between the 15 power and the 45 power. Lets keep that our secret. Fatrooster.

I have the little kowa and would like to see how they compare. It’s a pretty specific tool, mostly to size up something found in the binos when weight is a concern.

Actually used the little kowa this morning to field judge a buck at about 3/4 mile away. Wife spotted his antlers above the brush with her swaro 15s. I took a look and could tell his frame was not a shooter, but not much else about him. Pulled out the kowa and could discern that he was a 22in 4x4 with weak forks all around.

Close to the road I’m happy with my nl pure 12x and btx 85 combo for just about everything. Farther from the road or hunting a single canyon I like the 12x plus the small kowa. I would like to see how it compared to the new swaro scope..FOV is really narrow in the kowa and 45x on the top end is is unnecessary for the amount of light that a 55mm objective can bring in.

Glad to see swaro bring this to market.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom