new to archery

ID_hunter27

Hey guys just wanna ask a few question on products. I picked up used bow proven to kill. I'm just wondering in your opions which is the best release, arrows and fixed blades? I know ill have to find my own but just want a good starting point. Thanks for your inputs ahead of time. Been looking for a new challenge and i think archery will defiantly do it for me

"new to archery" there is tons of great stuff out there these days.
Some of my favorites that have worked well for me are True Fire releases, Easton or Beman arrows{make sure you get the right spine for your set up} and for blades I like G5, Slick Tricks and muzzy. You won't go wrong with any of these products.

Most importantly though MAKE SURE you get set up in your local pro shop.

+1 to the good advice given above. Gold Tip arrows are what I shoot and the have been good to me, they do take quite a bit of abuse. All broadheads will kill as long as they are sharp, however a word of caution to you. I am not a fan of mechanical broadheads, I like very solid designed fixed blade broadheads; they are almost fool proof as long as they are sharp they will cut. I shoot a tru-fire or sure shot release (not sure which it is), but I have heard that Scott releases are worth their weight in gold. As far as bows goes your local archery pro shop should have some nice used bows that guys that upgrade will trade back into the shop for some extra cash down on their new rig, so I would start there. Since you are new I strongly urge you to go there especially for the correct arrows for your setup. As far as bow brands in the beginning it doesn't matter, when you have been shooting a while then you can tell the difference between different makes of bows, which are smoother, etc. Best of luck and welcome to the fraternity of archers.
WVBOWAK

A good place to start would be Easton Arrows, Scott Release, and Muzzy broadheads.

Mark

There is alot of quality archery gear today. These are some that have proved they are worth it to me....Any release from Scott is good and I use the Little Bitty Goose with the strap and buckle. Arrows... Easton Axis, Broadheads...Magnus I like the Stingers and the Snuffer SS. Magnus has a LIFETIME warrenty and will replace any BH that is broke, bent,or whatever...they will send you a new one.
Archery hunting can be tough and tags can be hard to come by at times, if the gear I use didn't work great I would get rid of it !! The above archery gear is... tried and true.

Lots of good info above. I use a tru-fire thumb release instead of a trigger. I agree that if it doesn't work for you, get rid of it and try something else, including the bow.

"We must hang together, gentlemen...else, we shall most assuredly hang separately."
Benjamin Franklin

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom