New to CA

GoHigher

In the process of moving here from Vegas. At the time many are fleeing the state, I feel like I am swimming up-stream! From the research I have done, it sounds like I should keep putting in for tags in NV and UT?!?! Not many tags in CA and longer draw odds, with less big bucks and bulls. I am sure there are exceptions though.

How about predator hunting? I am living in the Santa Clarita area. Are there decent places to call coyotes in North LA and Kern counties? I'm willing to drive.

In the process of moving here from Vegas. At the time many are fleeing the state, I feel like I am swimming up-stream! From the research I have done, it sounds like I should keep putting in for tags in NV and UT?!?! Not many tags in CA and longer draw odds, with less big bucks and bulls. I am sure there are exceptions though.

How about predator hunting? I am living in the Santa Clarita area. Are there decent places to call coyotes in North LA and Kern counties? I'm willing to drive.
In actuality there are way more tags in CA than NV. There are over 160k general deer tags, not counting the AO tags, X zone tags, or the special deer tags. In 2020 I think NV issues ~17k deer tags in 2020. With that said I'd take a NV tag all day long over most, but not all CA tags. CA has a couple of pretty good deer hunts! But, yes, keep putting in for NV and UT.

I grew up in San Bernardino County hunting nearly everything I could. From Dec to Feb we would call coyotes and shoot them with #4 buckshot. Had some awesome hunts with multiple coyotes coming in from every direction, close-up shots, and running shots.

Homer has secret spots in d13...he's not willing to share.

Coyotes in Carizzo plains....don't mistake the last pair of antelope as a predators though or the field workers will be mad. They love antelope and don't need tags to feed the familia.

Plenty of areas in Kern to yote hunt. You will draw tags in NV and UT worth hunting before you will in Ca. California does have great bear hunting and over the counter tags. These are usually draw tags in other states. Look at any of the X zones and bear hunt after the deer season. For deer the AO tag allows you to hunt for 3 months between A and D zones. The hunting sucks, but its better than sitting on the couch.

Plenty of areas in Kern to yote hunt. You will draw tags in NV and UT worth hunting before you will in Ca. California does have great bear hunting and over the counter tags. These are usually draw tags in other states. Look at any of the X zones and bear hunt after the deer season. For deer the AO tag allows you to hunt for 3 months between A and D zones. The hunting sucks, but its better than sitting on the couch.
Agreed! No matter how bad the hunting may be, I will always make it out there to try! Never shot a bear before, but sounds like I need to give that a shot.

lots of general hunting
lots of bears
lots of ducks if your into that with an extensive refuge system

bring all the ammo you can with you!!!!
or buy it here and get tracked......

lots of general hunting
lots of bears
lots of ducks if your into that with an extensive refuge system

bring all the ammo you can with you!!!!
or buy it here and get tracked......
Any decent waterfowl hunting in southern Cal? I love duck hunting, but I usually go to northern UT with family. I would love to learn a few places here in CA, though.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom