New to Winnemucca

elkfanatic

Hello everyone,

I am going to be moving to Winnemucca for 6 months starting May 29th to do work for NDOW and I was wondering if anyone thinks there could possibly be any leftover deer licenses for archery in the surrounding areas, or any other opportunities to hunt. I am originally from New Mexico and I just graduated college. Hoping to find some hunting or fishing to do while I'm up there. Thanks for any information!

uh....ask your boss

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Rye Patch, which is about a half hour outside of town has some warm water fishing, i.e. bass, wiper, walleye, catfish, but there was a big algae bloom a couple years a go and a big die-off, so I'm not sure how it has recovered. If you get further from town there are some trout lakes/streams in the mountains - I want to say Blue Lakes area? Never been there myself, but heard good things about it.

There are usually some archery buck tags left over in the second draw, but no guarantees they will be anywhere near Winnemucca. Your best bet is to start the beg, borrow, and steal process to try and get some spots to hunt chukar and huns. There are quite a few of those around, but people tend to be quite secretive about their spots. There is a pretty good sage grouse population also, but that season is only open to residents except for a few permits in the Sheldon National Wildlife Refuge.

>uh....ask your boss
>
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

homer
I always get a kick out of your posts.
Seriously, there is much wisdom along with the humor.

035 had left over tags if you have points don't burn the unless it's purely for meat. Im wondering if you put in for the draw or you know something we don't because the draw is supposed to be the 23rd.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom