New trainee

JPblind

Don't know if he will find sh!t. At least he is getting a taste with missy. New puppy is a golden boy.

0418221821.jpg

I’ve heard podcasts speak of Pudelpointers showing off during hunt tests with their water work. While I plan to mainly hunt chukar I do want to be able to use mine to hunt waterfowl as well. While out getting him used to swimming at the lake last Friday he swam out a half mile chasing geese. I thought I had lost him, no way he would make it back to shore. Recall wasn’t working so I swam out to him while loosing my mind. I had lost my best friend. That a hole turned and came back toward me finally and we swam back to shore. Turns out he’s a strong swimmer and will do fine swimming out to retrieve birds. Now to work on the recall in water.

We need to keep this thread going, especially for us guys who connect more with animals than the messed up humans.
This is Buster’s father, Bainer. Best horn dog I’ve owned.
He climbed the kennel and came back 12 days later with some hardware.
I thought he was gone..

17B6355B-282F-4A5B-BC2B-3A40C5C5F19A.jpeg

4CC031FB-9F40-4A7E-987F-85D32F466A63.jpeg

9754A19E-0A57-41AC-A040-EE0F6409C6ED.jpeg

I haven’t met anyone on MM who tells me they are more connected to their canine companions more than @JPblind & @ SS.. that I believe.
That connection in the hills with a good dog…
Don’t really need much more than that in life.

We need to keep this thread going, especially for us guys who connect more with animals than the messed up humans.
This is Buster’s father, Bainer. Best horn dog I’ve owned.
He climbed the kennel and came back 12 days later with some hardware.
I thought he was gone..

View attachment 81106

View attachment 81110

View attachment 81112
WOW!! Thats crazy and lucky he made it back with that trap on his toes. Was his digits okay after it came off? Got a good dog there glad he's back.

Are you no longer married? Have your wife clean the hair….

Well when winter ends then starts back up he had 2 major times he shed his coat. He wasn't worth a crap scouting for sheep. Wore his paw pads off on the first scouting trip last year. Apprantley that country was to much for him

I think I am married still. Apparently 5 golf games a week I don't see her much. Next week heading to Colorado to play mariania butte.

Well when winter ends then starts back up he had 2 major times he shed his coat. He wasn't worth a crap scouting for sheep. Wore his paw pads off on the first scouting trip last year. Apprantley that country was to much for him

I think I am married still. Apparently 5 golf games a week I don't see her much. Next week heading to Colorado to play mariania butte.
Sounds like you need an additional wife. Pro tip: let her pick the 2nd wife

I haven’t met anyone on MM who tells me they are more connected to their canine companions more than @JPblind & @ SS.. that I believe.
That connection in the hills with a good dog…
Don’t really need much more than that in life.
Butts I couldn’t agree more!
In January I had to put down Waylon, he was one of those dogs that did everything I asked of him and more…
980E9B33-9374-41F7-82DC-AFF02917313F.jpeg

For Father’s Day my daughter gave me a hand painted picture of him that her college friend and teammate painted.,,. It will be one of the best gifts I’ll ever get!
image.jpg

Last edited:
Butts I couldn’t agree more!
In January I had to put down Waylon, he was one of those dogs that did everything I asked of him and more…
View attachment 81127
For Father’s Day my daughter gave me a hand painted picture of him that her college friend and teammate painted.,,. It will be one of the best gifts I’ll ever get!
View attachment 81128
They give us the best of days and then one of the worst. That's an awesome painting

Let’s get this post going again… Here’s Willie at 6 months doing a 60yd water land mark…
Post’em up…

Still in recovery mode from the vid but forced myself to get the wolf pack out. Nugget had a great time eating all the blueberries:

He spent rest the hike hitting every berry patch. We were not the only ones enjoying the berries:

6993A1CC-0D23-4966-BECB-6864FEC0AB6C.jpeg

The high life is the only life:

0936B0B3-771A-467D-B1AF-36463E02365F.jpeg

Tired pups:

FFE7236C-71D4-4807-B3CD-5B2BBDF56439.jpeg

Long day but sept can’t be missed in AK…

Thats awesome!! Once you get out of the willows and devils club it is fun hiking alaska high country. You ever make it out to the plane wreck on the other side of hatchers!

Thats awesome!! Once you get out of the willows and devils club it is fun hiking alaska high country. You ever make it out to the plane wreck on the other side of hatchers!
I hate people so I avoid Hatcher’s like the plague. You wouldn’t believe how bad it is out there these days.

The population in alaska was out of control by the time we left in 2015. With high pop density comes more crime. Atv and snowmachine trailers stolen from the front yards with the people home. Remember catching reds in wasilla creek behind the house until people started "hiking" through the backyard after housing was built around us then it seemed the fishing dried up. It came to the point when alaska stopped being fun. Best time of year was winter when it seemed no one would be out and I could have the whole lake to myself icefishing.

Seen all the advertisements on this website….. you gotta where camo to kill stuff? Them desert chuckars don’t give AF they still run straight up hill!!!

ok now i want a shed dog. what are the best dog breeds for shed hunting? i have 4 Australian shepherds but they ain't much for shed hunting. what's one more?!

Second pheasant hunt for this guy, headed to North Dakota in two weeks… His brain is going to get scrambled up there with amount of birds he’ll see…
I can’t wait….
View attachment 94084

Tikka he looks like a very focused pup! Are you hunting “free range” rooster’s in ND?
I’ve got invited to a couple field trial comps.
Last weekend a buddy wanted me to enter a doubles tournament.
5 planted birds
5 acres.
10 shells a team.
10 points for all unshot shells
Pivot on one foot after the shot for retrieving? Fastest time wins..
You done this? JW

He won the the tournament with another fellow..

I just love wild birds, what’s your thoughts?

Tikka he looks like a very focused pup! Are you hunting “free range” rooster’s in ND?
I’ve got invited to a couple field trial comps.
Last weekend a buddy wanted me to enter a doubles tournament.
5 planted birds
5 acres.
10 shells a team.
10 points for all unshot shells
Pivot on one foot after the shot for retrieving? Fastest time wins..
You done this? JW

He won the the tournament with another fellow..

I just love wild birds, what’s your thoughts?
Butts, we are hunting wild birds up there… the ones in the picture above are planted by the UDWR and SFW…
They’re fun for a new dog and that’s about it… Nothing like hunting wild roosters…

My Pudelpointer only has antler chews. Hoping that helps for shed hunting. I’m not really into it but like it when I find them so I figured when chukar hunting maybe he’ll find sheds once in a while too

Butts, we are hunting wild birds up there… the ones in the picture above are planted by the UDWR and SFW…
They’re fun for a new dog and that’s about it… Nothing like hunting wild roosters…
Getting the pup around, this was a recent cow hunt…
98B0C731-ECAE-41AB-92E1-026CBA72C608.jpeg

The photos below are from our North Dakota trip… This trip was a blast and Willie learned a ton in the week we were there…
418BD420-9D94-49A3-AC8F-74B00C2D202E.jpeg
FB422664-937A-46B3-8758-434C33B158B6.jpeg
336F25AD-A6B2-4D34-B824-DF1593A3C52D.jpeg

How the hell do you get a small video clip to load?
I click on Daisy’s training… nothing? You guys see it?

Badass Tikka!

I know this is a shed thread but not many sheds here? Sorry to op.

Funny, my son asked me last night what I like better : hunting ducks or geese?
I said geese, love watching them crumble if pellets don’t bounce off em, but I prefer to cast the dog on a duck retrieve, pretty sweet!

SS! - you trump the thread as always .crazy sheds , why don’t you drop them off at my place! Have a beer let the dogs run. I need to come meet you someday man!

Badass Tikka!

I know this is a shed thread but not many sheds here? Sorry to op.

Funny, my son asked me last night what I like better : hunting ducks or geese?
I said geese, love watching them crumble if pellets don’t bounce off em, but I prefer to cast the dog on a duck retrieve, pretty sweet!
I too love to hunt geese however, it’s a rich man’s game in utah anymore…
I recently got back in pheasants, it’s been a blast and takes me back to my childhood hunting roosters with my dad…

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom