new way to get rid of coyotes

Gator

Long Time Member
Here is what S C is doing tagging live coyotes and releasing them in several game units ANYONE killing a tagged one gets a lifetime license. I bet it will work on getting alot of those untagged one's dead. Utah should try this same program for a few years and see how it works,

HELL, I'd go give it hell, even though I believe Utah needs to eliminate the L.L. AS cool as it is/was, it does not fit into the times we have. Even though utah only has roughly 3,800 left, it still makes a difference.

HELL, I'd go give it hell, even though I believe Utah needs to eliminate the L.L. AS cool as it is/was, it does not fit into the times we have. Even though utah only has roughly 3,800 left, it still makes a difference.
3,800 when there were >200,000 General over the counter deer tags was no big deal.
Now, it is a big deal. especially since there really are no General tags left. They are all Limited entry.

3800 dudes did something the state promoted.

Yet another of the many byproducts of letting a special interest group set wildlife policy.

Maybe we should take all their tags to cover the gap?

Ya!

Take The KINGS Tags!

That Oughta Go Over Good!

Can You Imagine How F'N Mad He'd Be?

How many ranches or big parcels of land were acquired by paying back taxes or by homesteading? Should the state ”eliminate” these people’s ownership because times have changed and it does not fit into the times we have? Or should the State honor their obligations? There are plenty of opportunities our grandparents were privileged to that we will never be privileged to. We will be privileged to things that our kids won’t be and they will have opportunities we will never get. Life isn’t fair. I just don’t understand why people are so adamant about taking away things they didn’t take advantage of themselves or have the opportunity to take part of.

How many ranches or big parcels of land were acquired by paying back taxes or by homesteading? Should the state ”eliminate” these people’s ownership because times have changed and it does not fit into the times we have? Or should the State honor their obligations? There are plenty of opportunities our grandparents were privileged to that we will never be privileged to. We will be privileged to things that our kids won’t be and they will have opportunities we will never get. Life isn’t fair. I just don’t understand why people are so adamant about taking away things they didn’t take advantage of themselves or have the opportunity to take part of.
Nice try, but you are comparing apples and oranges.

Answer me this then. Since every unit in the state is LIMITED ENTRY, and if we eliminate more and more tags, should they continue to get a tag every year? When they had the opportunity to buy those, I was alive and well. There were unlimited tags for deer. 250,000 tags + every year. Now we have 75,000 tags. What if in 5 years we have 25,000 tags and 1/5 of the tags go to the Lifetimers? What if another few years go by and we are down to 20,000 tags and 3,000 lifetimers... Then what? Lets keep the comparison in the same realm.

Nice try, but you are comparing apples and oranges.

Answer me this then. Since every unit in the state is LIMITED ENTRY, and if we eliminate more and more tags, should they continue to get a tag every year? When they had the opportunity to buy those, I was alive and well. There were unlimited tags for deer. 250,000 tags + every year. Now we have 75,000 tags. What if in 5 years we have 25,000 tags and 1/5 of the tags go to the Lifetimers? What if another few years go by and we are down to 20,000 tags and 3,000 lifetimers... Then what? Lets keep the comparison in the same realm.
Yes, if we are down to 3,000 tags and 3,000 lifetimers that’s where they should go. Sucks for me and you but we wouldn’t be hunting deer. Should have taken advantage of the opportunity to get one when the chance was there I guess.

Yes, if we are down to 3,000 tags and 3,000 lifetimers that’s where they should go. Sucks for me and you but we wouldn’t be hunting deer. Should have taken advantage of the opportunity to get one when the chance was there I guess.
And you are OK with that?

And you are OK with that?
Going to have to be. Just like all the other missed opportunities that have passed me by. When you go out and shoot your prize coyote and get your coveted lifetime license are you going to fight them to eliminate it?

Lifetime Hunting license THEY didn't say LIFETIME hunting TAGS.
I think they did.

I'll add this from an old guy who didn't take advantage of it when it was offered. Every time tags are reduced the obvious benefit of those who enrolled is enhanced considerably.

I would only object if it was the LL guys crying for reduced tags. There are a lot more factors affecting tags than LL.

I think they did.

I'll add this from an old guy who didn't take advantage of it when it was offered. Every time tags are reduced the obvious benefit of those who enrolled is enhanced considerably.

I would only object if it was the LL guys crying for reduced tags. There are a lot more factors affecting tags than LL.
YOU WOULD BE SURPRISED at who all leads alot of the cries for cut tags. And there is definately not many, if any, that disagree with the tag cuts.

YOU WOULD BE SURPRISED at who all leads alot of the cries for cut tags. And there is definately not many, if any, that disagree with the tag cuts.
I would not be surprised at all who leads the cry for tag cuts. I can see it on here every day.

I would suggest that many who don't agree with the proposed tags numbers don't agree with the mule deer plan and are looking for some utopia that doesn't exist. That can certainly be a point of discussion when the plan comes up for review next year.

If LL is the main factor for somebody not getting a tag then the battle is already lost.

The woke walk among us!

…and they say, “I don’t have one so no one should” “life’s not far so let’s redistribute the wealth” “why does someone get to do that and I don’t?”

Life isn’t fair, that’s for sure! I pray we can keep it that way but we’re losing ranks to the woke ideology.

Yes, I have a LL and proud of it. Grow a nut and move on.

Zeke

The woke walk among us!

…and they say, “I don’t have one so no one should” “life’s not far so let’s redistribute the wealth” “why does someone get to do that and I don’t?”

Life isn’t fair, that’s for sure! I pray we can keep it that way but we’re losing ranks to the woke ideology.

Yes, I have a LL and proud of it. Grow a nut and move on.

Zeke
So when there are no deer, youll be damned and determined to have a tag, "CUZ I GOT ME A LL"..... I get it, F everyone as long as I get what I want.

I get it.

So when there are no deer, youll be damned and determined to have a tag, "CUZ I GOT ME A LL"..... I get it, F everyone as long as I get what I want.

I get it.
Yep and I’ll be mentoring someone AGAIN since I have the ability to do so.

By the way, since we’re trying to “level the playing field”, I’ll bet your business has done way better than mine this year, with the interest rate jump affecting me and all. I could use a bit of your dough! You know, because you have some and I don’t!

I’ve heard you b!otch, and mostly whine, about the LL and we all know what you want. Sure, let’s change the long time rule to make it more “fair” to you. ???. That doesn’t sound woke at all?.

Zeke

By the way, since we’re trying to “level the playing field”, I’ll bet your business has done way better than mine this year, with the interest rate jump affecting me and all. I could use a bit of your dough! You know, because you have some and I don’t!

I’ve heard you b!otch, and mostly whine, about the LL and we all know what you want. Sure, let’s change the long time rule to make it more “fair” to you. ???. That doesn’t sound woke at all?.

Zeke
He wants one for shooting a coyote but wants everyone else’s eliminated ?

We get it Rob.

Zeke
Actually Z, this has been a bad year. Zero profit. Cost of goods sky high, labor sky high. And so many food places opening up, it takes another slice of the pie. 3 food places with in 500 yards of my store this month.

About the LL, my best friends have them. I never thought we'd go from 250,000 tags to 70,000 tags and going south fast. I chose not too. My bad. But you and I both know, there needs to be a change somewhere. Utah is the only state with 2 deer draws that I am aware of in the west. We both know everything in Utah is LE now. Just as well make 1 draw.

Actually Z, this has been a bad year. Zero profit. Cost of goods sky high, labor sky high. And so many food places opening up, it takes another slice of the pie. 3 food places with in 500 yards of my store this month.

About the LL, my best friends have them. I never thought we'd go from 250,000 tags to 70,000 tags and going south fast. I chose not too. My bad. But you and I both know, there needs to be a change somewhere. Utah is the only state with 2 deer draws that I am aware of in the west. We both know everything in Utah is LE now. Just as well make 1 draw.
Well crap! There goes the cash you were sending my way to even it all out.

I am sorry that the economy has kicked you hard too. That’s not fun but we can both struggle through. We always do.

Yessir, who’d have thought!

Thanks, Zeke

Yeah, your first post says ”Hell, I’d go give it hell, even though I believe Utah needs to eliminate the L.L.” Now that you’ve had a few days to think about it would you mind answering my question in post 12?
I read it. Did you not read, I said I don't agree with it. I disagree 100% with giving out more LL.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom