New website for draw

It says the system is down until January. I hope the new site is as easy as huntnevada.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

>It says the system is down
>until January. I hope the
>new site is as easy
>as huntnevada.
>
>Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good
>health for granted because it
>can be gone in a
>heartbeat. Please go back and
>read the last line. This
>time really understand what it
>says.

You and me both. I logged into it yesterday. It knew who I was but I couldn't find anything. I didn't know it wasn?t all functional yet, I'll try it in a few weeks again

LAST EDITED ON Jan-27-18 AT 06:15PM (MST)[p]

It's going to be a total cluster. I just hope they don't lose everyone's bonus points but I would not be surprised. Did you know you won't be able to look at anyone else's draw results? Only yours.

They have the non resident guide draw coming up in March and it wasnt even included it in their contract. It isn't always prudent to take the lowest bid. The law require the state to take the lowest RESPONSIBLE bid. So far I'm not impressed. I have heard of people who can't register boats.

I went to www.ndowlicensing.com

I was able to set up my account and it showed my ability to buy a second ion tag and items I have not purchased.

I hope it goes well. More worried about the bonus points then anything.

I did the same thing and then went to Points and it said I have NO points!!

I jumped over to my Nv folder and I did save last years point totals when I applied so if the do drop the ball on this switch over, I should be A-Okay

Robb

>I did the same thing and
>then went to Points and
>it said I have NO
>points!!
>
>I jumped over to my Nv
>folder and I did save
>last years point totals when
>I applied so if the
>do drop the ball on
>this switch over, I should
>be A-Okay
>
>Robb

Where did you find the screen where it shows points?

LAST EDITED ON Jan-29-18 AT 07:48AM (MST)[p]Everything I am seeing on my profile is for the current application preocess. Turkey.

I have applied several times and drawn a few tags. It shows those applications and that I have no points. It has been changing a lot over the last few days, so I am hopeful it is just because of the draw it is in now.

The application and points screen is near the bottom of the menu after you log in.

I found the point area also, or what appears to be, and it says I have no points or application history. I am sure they will update it at some point (or I hope they do). I never even thought about printing my point screen from huntnevada. I would think the state would have more sense than to piss off a bunch of proud American gun owners. I know the manager down at system consultants (the company that did the old draw). Maybe I'll go down and talk to him tomorrow to see what the status of all this is.

I have a seperate folder/file for each state I apply with in on my P/C at home so it is in that file/folder not on any website.

Robb

It is an absolute mess!

I had a 15 minute call with a NDOW licensing supervisor and was told one of the main reasons for the change was that customer identity for boat tags and boat registration could be compromised with the prior vendor! Most hunters like me will need to update their account with a new password. However there is no mention on the NDOW website that the customer will receive an e mail from the new vendor, Kalkomey Enterprises, LLC, and must click on the link Kalkomey Enterprises LLC includes in an e mail. At first I thought that e mail was spam or if opened would subject my computer to a possible virus. The supervisor I spoke with confirmed neither NDOW licensing or Kalkomey Enterprises LLC thought or even planned for this! Sadly she admitted the accrued bonus point data "had not been loaded into the new system".

Just watch - this is a ticking time bomb. Some guys are going to see their accrued bonus points vanish never to be found again due to the data being transferred from the old vendor to the new licensing vendor. As a nonresident I apply in five different states out west. I'm going to take the advice of one guy on this forum and print off a hard copy of all bonus or preference points from every state along with identifying numbers, sportsman id's etc. One never knows when a state game and fish dept will "update" their computer licensing system or farm it out to a new third party vendor. I'm definitely not going to wait until two days prior to the application deadline to apply in Nevada!

And I forgot to mention the e mail from the new NDOW licensing vendor will read as follows:

What in the world does boater education have to do with applying for a hunting tag?

And I forgot to mention the fees will go up slightly to include the habitat stamp and a fishing license. I have no interest in fishing in Nevada but now have to also pay for a fishing license in order to apply for the big game draw to gain the bonus point!

I hope they messed up and give me max points for everything!
37205hornkiller.jpg

It is a policy I have followed for years ram------

When I go to apply or buy that years license I go into my points and simply print them out and then click and 'Save As' and put them in that particular states file/folder.

My Az. antelope points change from one year to the next (11 down to 0 )
I made contact with Az and I had all my copies from years gone by.
they did reinstate my points and loyalty point.

Never hurts to take the few minutes to CYA (cover your ass)

Robb

>And I forgot to mention the
>e mail from the new
>NDOW licensing vendor will read
>as follows:
>
>FROM: [email protected]
>
>What in the world does boater
>education have to do with
>applying for a hunting tag?
>
>
>And I forgot to mention the
>fees will go up slightly
>to include the habitat stamp
>and a fishing license.
>I have no interest in
>fishing in Nevada but now
>have to also pay for
>a fishing license in order
>to apply for the big
>game draw to gain the
>bonus point!

I don't think that is correct.

We still have separate hunting, fishing, and combo licenses. Basically what they did is take the stamps that are out there, eliminated them, and split the difference on cost across the board. They also changed the laws this legislature to cover the gaps that were created as a result of it. The license fees have been the same in NV for many years with no adjustments. For the cost of what it is, it is quite a bargain, imo.

We also had a ridiculous amount of stamps. Now you just have a hunting license. Or a fishing license, or both.

Regarding boater education, it's all handled by NDOW. Some states require boater education for people born after a certain date just like hunter education. We require it in interstate waters. The intent was to get everything to one place.

Obviously we still have to see what is going to happen when it finally rolls out.

>>And I forgot to mention the
>>e mail from the new
>>NDOW licensing vendor will read
>>as follows:
>>
>>FROM: [email protected]
>>
>>What in the world does boater
>>education have to do with
>>applying for a hunting tag?
>>
>>
>>And I forgot to mention the
>>fees will go up slightly
>>to include the habitat stamp
>>and a fishing license.
>>I have no interest in
>>fishing in Nevada but now
>>have to also pay for
>>a fishing license in order
>>to apply for the big
>>game draw to gain the
>>bonus point!
>
>I don't think that is correct.
>
>
>We still have separate hunting, fishing,
>and combo licenses. Basically
>what they did is take
>the stamps that are out
>there, eliminated them, and split
>the difference on cost across
>the board. They also
>changed the laws this legislature
>to cover the gaps that
>were created as a result
>of it. The license fees
>have been the same in
>NV for many years with
>no adjustments. For the
>cost of what it is,
>it is quite a bargain,
>imo.
>
>We also had a ridiculous amount
>of stamps. Now you
>just have a hunting license.
>Or a fishing license, or
>both.
>
>Regarding boater education, it's all handled
>by NDOW. Some states
>require boater education for people
>born after a certain date
>just like hunter education.
>We require it in interstate
>waters. The intent was to
>get everything to one place.
>
>
>Obviously we still have to see
>what is going to happen
>when it finally rolls out.
>

Are you saying there are no more stamps such as trout/extra rod/ state duck stamps?

LAST EDITED ON Jan-31-18 AT 12:53PM (MST)[p]Be careful if you are applying for Turkey. It requires you to buy a new license. When my friend did and decided to get his stamp for the year and got the federal duck stamp it said the stamp was only good for another month or so. So it was for last season. I made the mistake of not printing points as well. With 20 California Bighorn points I sure hope they make it over.

>>>And I forgot to mention the
>>>e mail from the new
>>>NDOW licensing vendor will read
>>>as follows:
>>>
>>>FROM: [email protected]
>>>
>>>What in the world does boater
>>>education have to do with
>>>applying for a hunting tag?
>>>
>>>
>>>And I forgot to mention the
>>>fees will go up slightly
>>>to include the habitat stamp
>>>and a fishing license.
>>>I have no interest in
>>>fishing in Nevada but now
>>>have to also pay for
>>>a fishing license in order
>>>to apply for the big
>>>game draw to gain the
>>>bonus point!
>>
>>I don't think that is correct.
>>
>>
>>We still have separate hunting, fishing,
>>and combo licenses. Basically
>>what they did is take
>>the stamps that are out
>>there, eliminated them, and split
>>the difference on cost across
>>the board. They also
>>changed the laws this legislature
>>to cover the gaps that
>>were created as a result
>>of it. The license fees
>>have been the same in
>>NV for many years with
>>no adjustments. For the
>>cost of what it is,
>>it is quite a bargain,
>>imo.
>>
>>We also had a ridiculous amount
>>of stamps. Now you
>>just have a hunting license.
>>Or a fishing license, or
>>both.
>>
>>Regarding boater education, it's all handled
>>by NDOW. Some states
>>require boater education for people
>>born after a certain date
>>just like hunter education.
>>We require it in interstate
>>waters. The intent was to
>>get everything to one place.
>>
>>
>>Obviously we still have to see
>>what is going to happen
>>when it finally rolls out.
>>
>
>Are you saying there are no
>more stamps such as trout/extra
>rod/ state duck stamps?

Correct. And one example of a law was changed to reflect that. For example it now says it's unlawful to fish with more than two combinations of rods, hooks and lines. Before it said that but required the stamp.

mevertsen - I suggest you check your past license history, application record , and any bonus points you may have on the new vendor website NDOW contracted with: kalkomey enterprises, llc.

I just checked all of the above for myself and it's a total cluster ****!

My order list only goes back to 2006 despite applying since 2001. When I click on the application history and bonus points tab it shows no applications and no bonus points!!!

When I click on the tab licenses and permits it shows I have a current NR big game hunting license which is correct. So how can one option show I have no applications and the other option show I have a current NR big game license which I would have had to apply for in 2017?

The worst part is I have applied since 2001 and now have or SHOULD HAVE 17 bonus points for desert sheep, 16 bonus points for California sheep, and 10 bonus points for deer which cost me approx $143/year for 17 years in the case of desert sheep! If I accept their order list of only applying since 2006 I'm out 5 - 6 bonus points of which I paid $143/year to acquire!!!

Since I'm a nonresident no Nevada Representative or Senator is going to care about any letter I write. But you boys in Nevada better get your act together and write to your elected officials ASAP about the boondoggle your tax payer funded NDOW and what their vendor is about to do to your acquired bonus points related to the upcoming big game applications.

Be prepared - both residents and nonresidents are going to lose and get screwed on their accumulated bonus points in the upcoming big game draw!!!!

I am not liking it already. I read the most recent email they put out basically saying we wont show you bonus points until the application period opens. Like the information is some big secret, like it belongs to them.....just smacks of a non-customer service oriented point of view.

Hopefully they are just ironing the bugs out....

LAST EDITED ON Feb-03-18 AT 05:27PM (MST)[p]>mevertsen - I suggest you check
>your past license history, application
>record , and any bonus
>points you may have on
>the new vendor website NDOW
>contracted with: kalkomey enterprises,
>llc.
>
>I just checked all of the
>above for myself and it's
>a total cluster ****!
>
>My order list only goes back
>to 2006 despite applying since
>2001. When I click
>on the application history and
>bonus points tab it shows
>no applications and no bonus
>points!!!
>
>When I click on the tab
>licenses and permits it shows
>I have a current NR
>big game hunting license which
>is correct. So how
>can one option show I
>have no applications and the
>other option show I have
>a current NR big game
>license which I would have
>had to apply for in
>2017?
>
>The worst part is I have
>applied since 2001 and now
>have or SHOULD HAVE 17
>bonus points for desert sheep,
>16 bonus points for California
>sheep, and 10 bonus points
>for deer which cost me
>approx $143/year for 17 years
>in the case of desert
>sheep! If I accept
>their order list of only
>applying since 2006 I'm out
>5 - 6 bonus points
>of which I paid $143/year
>to acquire!!!
>
>Since I'm a nonresident no Nevada
>Representative or Senator is going
>to care about any letter
>I write. But you
>boys in Nevada better get
>your act together and write
>to your elected officials ASAP
>about the boondoggle your tax
>payer funded NDOW and what
>their vendor is about to
>do to your acquired bonus
>points related to the upcoming
>big game applications.
>
>Be prepared - both residents and
>nonresidents are going to lose
>and get screwed on their
>accumulated bonus points in the
>upcoming big game draw!!!!

I have looked back.

I am showing only my trapping licenses from my past licenses. No hunting/fishing or combo licenses.

For the applications and points, it is only showing turkey applications and points at this time. It showed that I applied in 2004, 2010, 2011 and 2014. It also shows that I have no points for turkey (which I don't).

I know this stuff is missing. I am trying not to worry too much about it, as I am hopeful that as the big game draw opens, the points will update properly.

I am sitting on a pile of points as well for sheep, goat, bear, elk and deer, even as a resident. Something I for sure do not want to loose.

I am sure it will all work out ok.

Like all things, change sucks, and there is usually some anxiety that goes along with it. I'm not loosing any sleep at night.

Plan to buy all of my family's licenses and mountain lion tags here in the next few weeks using the new system. Will see how it goes. I just hope the tags and license are better that a piece of paper. I really like the card type licenses you get at walmart.

I looked at my license history, and although it is not completely accurate it is close. It says on the website that bonus point info is ?coming soon?. Is there anybody on this post that shows anything at all for bonus points?

killcarp - here's the screwball thing: order history shows when you've purchased a big game license in the past. In order to gain a bonus point you have to apply and purchase a big game license. So if they know the history of when someone purchased the big game license why is that also not one's bonus point total?

The historical order data for me as to when I purchased a big game license is lacking five years! That's five bonus points at the nonresident big game license fee of about $143/year! Did those five bonus points just vanish into a computer program abyss along with my $715 to acquire them? Nobody at NDOW licensing seems to know! And this is what we get when the state contracts with a vendor (Kalkomey Enterprises, LLC) whose primary expertise is providing online boating education and hunter safety education classes!

Mine sounds similar to everyone else's bonus pts. I bet they are in the process of working out all the bugs and getting everyone's points transferred.

They can't even get correct how many years I've purchased a non resident big game hunting license! How can you trust them to get your bonus points correct?

>They can't even get correct how
>many years I've purchased a
>non resident big game hunting
>license! How can you
>trust them to get your
>bonus points correct?

Yeah it shows that I had a license in 2006, then doesn't show again until 2012. Gotta love it

Makes you wonder why take away the ability to view others who were successful in the draw? Where?s the transparency? If you think it's bad now with non residents claiming to be residents, just wait. At least before people got turned in. Do guides have access to those who were successful? If not, how will they be able to send out their flyers.

A little off subject. I tried to register two boats last month. After finally getting the first one all the way to checkout, it would not let me register the second one. I tried to pay for first boat several times with different credit cards. On each one it told me the card was not accepted. I finally drove to Reno to register the boats. While there, I had no problem registering them in person. I was asked what web browser I was using. Told them internet explorer. They told me the site only accepts credit cards if you are using Google Chrome or Firefox as your browser. I asked if this would also be true for purchase of hunting and fishing lic. They said as of now you could not use internet explorer. Hope all of us who apply on line do not get rejected when up against an application deadline. They told me they were not planning on fixing this. This was about two weeks ago. I hope they change this application problem before it is time to apply.

I bought me and my kids hunting license's last night. They are a small paper type. Kind of like film paper like a receipt. Seem pretty cheap. Had issues applying for turkey. Talked to NDOW 3 times yesterday. They are supposedly having glitches I was told. I was able to apply my son for his 1st turkey tag without buying him a license. I have to get both my kids their own E-mails and separate accounts to apply for tags. They were very helpful and I think everyone is trying to get through this. At least they are doing turkey draw first and hopefully that helps. I talked to a reliable source about points and was told they will transfer over. My turkey points got moved. I'm nervous as I have alot built up too, but I highly doubt they are going to lose our points. I do highly suggest applying for big game well before deadline and play it safe. I am also not impressed with new website. Seems generic and not as user friendly.

Here are two people I've actually spoken with in the NDOW
licensing dept:
Sherrill Sundell 775-688-1514, [email protected] - not very helpful.

Maureen Hullinger 775-688-1881, claims to be a Supervisor. Arrogant on the phone to the point of being obnoxious. Would not even listen to me when I tried to explain that the new licensing web site is not user friendly. Never said anything about only being able to purchase licenses via googlechrome or firefox. Offered no reasonable explanation about why my order history on the new website does not match my actual application history. Stated all applicant bonus point history would be loaded into the new system "within two weeks". That means 2/19/18 based on when I spoke with her.

I'm a non resident. Sent an e mail to the President of the Nevada Outfitters and Guides Association, Henry Krenka, about problems with the new vendor website. He never responded despite having my phone # and e mail address! Apparently he does think I may be a potential customer of his or any of the outfitters associated with his association.

I can not emphasize enough that you guys on this website who are residents of Nevada need to contact your elected State Senator or State Representative ASAP and let them know what the problems are with your tax payer funded NDOW licensing department. If any of you think that you can wait until the last week to apply and get answers regarding problems you may have (like your correct bonus point total linking with your application) from a live person at NDOW licensing or their new vendor Kalkomey Enterprises, LLC then think again. The upcoming application process is a fiasco waiting to implode!

Here is what I was told a couple of days ago: You will need to use Google Chrome, no paper or phone applications accepted (all inline), the preference points will be loaded into the system when the application period opens. NDOW is receiving a lot of phone calls as of late, and they (staff that interact with the public) are concerned like you about their preference points as well.

I intend to have all my stuff ready to go and as soon as the application period opens, apply, that way if something goes haywire, there will be time to fix. Might be good to get screen shots of your application confirmation and follow up if you don't get an e-mail. Do not wait for the last day to apply this year!

Homer - how does that saying go?

"Prior proper planning prevents poor performance"

Some folks just don't have the analytical or critical thinking skills of others. Let's see: 17 years of applying as a NR for a desert sheep tag at about $143/year for the hunting license in order to obtain a bonus point plus species application fees equals at least $2431!

You're damn right I'm worried that NDOW licensing and their new vendor Kalkomey Enterprises, LLC correctly link my bonus points to my application!

hk3m - your post is not off subject. It is very informative and highlights the problems that are about to occur once the big game application period opens.

Thanks for sharing your problems with the new vendor website. Most who post and read the Nevada forum understand. Some like Homer lack basic critical thinking skills to comprehend what is occurring.

>hk3m - your post is not
>off subject. It is
>very informative and highlights the
>problems that are about to
>occur once the big game
>application period opens.
>
>Thanks for sharing your problems with
>the new vendor website.
>Most who post and read
>the Nevada forum understand.
>Some like Homer lack basic
>critical thinking skills to comprehend
>what is occurring.
Don't panic ,we have till April to apply.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-08-18 AT 12:58PM (MST)[p]I talk to a Kasen at NDOW. A guide service gave me his number and told me to deal with him about my application history not being correct and missing a couple things. The next day it was fixed. The new website was missing a lot of my stuff. He said he would have it fixed the next day after I told him a guide recommended I talk to him about it. He sounded very nice and seemed to care about fixing it but very busy as well I could tell. But it was corrected the next day within 24hrs of talking to him. His direct line is (775) 688-1549.

>hk3m - your post is not
>off subject. It is
>very informative and highlights the
>problems that are about to
>occur once the big game
>application period opens.
>
>Thanks for sharing your problems with
>the new vendor website.
>Most who post and read
>the Nevada forum understand.
>Some like Homer lack basic
>critical thinking skills to comprehend
>what is occurring.

This is hilarious, you've worked yourself into a tizzy. I get your nervousness but I think it takes time to transfer all information from the old system to the new one. It clearly states on the app page that big game points won't be available till the BIG GAME app period. There's glitches, change is tough, sounds like they are doing all they can. I'd bet it gets worked out before the draw. If not then they will have to deal with it. Calm down.

If/when this is all resolved and you're able to apply for your tags with your appropriate non-resi points (as you've pointed out numerous times) will you apologize for your little hissy fit here?

Shadows - no reason to apologize for anything. Does the guy who could not register his boat on line and had to drive to Reno to do it in person, should he apologize? Or the guy who applied for a turkey permit did not even have to buy a license and could not view his turkey bonus points, should he apologize? Currently there are problems occurring with with the new NDOW licensing vendor. One can either be proactive or wait until application time and hope a state government employee can help them.

Calm down.

The guy that had problems was using IE, which the website States is not compatible. I is old and not as secure as the others.

Most people here have known about this change, as it was in the legislature and had been discussed in game commission meetings.

Calls have been made. It will work out.

There are almost always going to be glitches in a new process

Things that you can do now.

Study past areas and hunting stats.

Make sure you are using a compatible browser.

Look at the February meeting items for the commission and have a good idea of what seasons you want to apply for. There were a few changes but most stayed the same. The commission rarely goes against those recommendations. It is all on the NDOW website.

Apply early for the seasons you want and let the rest take care of itself.

I also just checked again. There was a slight formatting issue with my tablet so I did not see a drop down box on the licenses section.

It appears that all of my previous licenses are accounted for. You just have to select the year from that drop down box.

I also signed up my daughter and everything appears to be in order for her as well.

I think they are working out all the bugs and it will be ok.

>Shadows - no reason to apologize
>for anything. Does the
>guy who could not register
>his boat on line and
>had to drive to Reno
>to do it in person,
>should he apologize? Or
>the guy who applied for
>a turkey permit did not
>even have to buy a
>license and could not view
>his turkey bonus points, should
>he apologize? Currently there
>are problems occurring with with
>the new NDOW licensing vendor.
> One can either be
>proactive or wait until application
>time and hope a state
>government employee can help him

How is whining on an Internet forum being proactive? Like i said, I understand your nervousness but I'm sure they are working as hard as they possibly can to correct the issues. Do you not think that 90 percent of the Ndow employees are hunting public as well? Do you not think they understand the issues that will arise if they don't pull off the draw correctly? Do you think they are just sitting back and hoping for the best? Take a step back and breath, you don't need to start a revolution here, just be patient. And if, things go haywire, then have your fun.

I've just been making sure myself and family have our accounts ready to go in the new system. I'll definitely be checking everything for accuracy as soon as the big game app opens up this year, but not to concerned about it honestly. Always going to be some bugs to work thru when migrating into new software/system, but it should work itself out IMO.

I logged in again today.

It looks like all of my points and my daughter's points have been loaded.

Everything looks accurate to me at this point.

Checked my points, my son's points, and my dads. All our points are in the new system and accurate, crisis averted. Looking forward to a hopefully successful draw this year!

Battleborn - you are just lucky!

I checked my account just now. Clicked on licenses and permits which shows I have a current NR hunting license. Trouble is the purchase price says: $0. How can I have a hunting license for which I have proof I paid for on 4/11/17 and the system show the cost was $0 ?

I then clicked on order history only to find my order history of purchasing a license only goes back to 2006 despite me applying and purchasing a NR hunting every year since 2001!

Yep - the new licensing is up and running correctly!!

I am guessing everyone's goes to 2006. Mine does as well.

What does it matter? That is still over a decade of information transferred over for over, what, 100,00+++ people? Not too bad.

The reason the cost is showing different is because the license structures changed this year, which has been explained already. The cost that you actually paid last year is not going to be 100% accurate because of that merger?

The purchase price for my hunt\fish combo is showing $75. Thats not what I paid! Oh no! But wait....

That's what a new hunt\fish combo will cost. The stamps that it is showing that I currently have is showing 0$. Oh no! But wait...

There are no more stamps starting with this license year! My lion tag also shows zero cost.

The fees are also changing per application. From $2.00/$3.50 to $1.00 per application. For the transaction, not sure about the tag application fee.

All that matters is that my current licenses are showing with their current dates and that my points are accurate.

You also have to remember that the license years in NV are one year ahead. We are starting the 2019 license year. We are currently in the 2018 license year because that's the year that the season ends.

Are your points accurate?

Is your personal information accurate?

If so quit worrying about it.

My deer points are correct
But missing the others,
Will keep an eye on it, not worried yet
Plenty of time for that later, if necessary

meversten - my points are not accurate!

My personal information is correct because I entered it!

What does it matter? WELL - if you paid for 17 years worth of non resident licenses to obtain a bonus point each year for desert sheep and five years at $142/year plus species application fees may be missing then maybe it does matter!!!

I could give a rats anal sphincter valve about the license structure changing or a merger. I spoke with the # 2 man in control with the prior vendor - Wildlife Administrative Services. When I asked if I could get a complete history of my application and bonus point data he said they do not own it anymore and all the data had been transferred over to NDOW licensing/Kalkomey Enterprises, LLC. So unless someone was smart enough to save all of his past application history and bonus point data they are screwed if NDOW licensing/Kalkomey Enterprises, LLC doesn't get it correct. It's your word against theirs if it's not correct. And if it's not correct who you gonna call? Ghost Busters?

Let's get one thing correct on this forum - this was not a merger! The NDOW put out for competitive bid the computer program for licensing and big game tag drawings. A new vendor won the bid or service.

I am an avid hunter and have been applying for big game tags in Nevada since 1979. I agree that bonus points are some of the most coveted items a big game hunter has. That is why the Nevada Department of Wildlife had the prior vendor create legacy files on April 20, 2017 or pre 2017 draw and again on July 20, 2017 or post 2017 big game draw. Many more backup files were created in preparations to move the data over to the Kalkomey system. The new contract calls for a phased role out to meet a schedule that matches prior years events. Data migration is always a struggle when going to a new platform. NDOW and Kalkomey have teams working together to migrate data and strive for 100% data accuracy. Problems do arise and when we find them we do our very best to correct the error in a timely manner. If you have any further questions or concerns please call me on my direct line at 775-688-1591.

Jack Robb
Deputy Director
Nevada Department of Wildlife

>I am an avid hunter and
>have been applying for big
>game tags in Nevada since
>1979. I agree that bonus
>points are some of the
>most coveted items a big
>game hunter has. That
>is why the Nevada Department
>of Wildlife had the prior
>vendor create legacy files on
>April 20, 2017 or
>pre 2017 draw and again
>on July 20, 2017 or
>post 2017 big game draw.
>Many more backup files were
>created in preparations to move
>the data over to
>the Kalkomey system. The
>new contract calls for a
>phased role out to meet
>a schedule that matches prior
>years events. Data migration is
>always a struggle when going
>to a new platform.
>NDOW and Kalkomey have teams
>working together to migrate data
>and strive for 100% data
>accuracy. Problems do arise
>and when we find them
>we do our very best
>to correct the error in
>a timely manner. If you
>have any further questions or
>concerns please call me on
>my direct line at 775-688-1591.
>
>
>Jack Robb
>Deputy Director
>Nevada Department of Wildlife

Thank you for replying to this thread. Most people understand that NDOW does it's best, however some people don't. I am grateful to live and hunt in this state and am quite excited for this upcoming season!

Mr. disgruntled non-resident sure got quiet after the bonus points were posted and the Deputy Director of NDOW offered his direct line phone number for help with any issues.....

:eek: Could it be someone was crying wolf (figuratively speaking) for no reason!? :eek:

Nope,
My deer bonus points came across correct. My order history remains incorrect! We'll see what happens with desert sheep and Calif. sheep bonus points when that application process opens. No disgruntled hunter here - only an informed customer concerned about the time and money he's invested with NDOW over 17 years.
Since NVme claims to be the all knowing clairvoyant on this forum maybe he can explain his 2/16/18 post that "bonus points were posted" when in fact sheep bonus points have not been posted! And since NVme is sarcastic and all knowing on this forum maybe he can explain for all of us why the applicants order history does not match their actual application history?

My sheep points came over with all the other points. I checked on my phone. I had to click the arrow over to each species and select it to view my points. Gonna take some getting used to. I liked being able to see all of them at once on the same page listed out.

Well boys - when clicking on the left hand column for ORDER HISTORY that means "your purchases". And we all know one has to APPLY and purchase a license to obtain a bonus point.

My order history only goes back to 2006 despite applying and purchasing back to 2001.

When clicking on the tab APPLICATION HISTORY it says, "you have no applications". How can it say no applications if my history of applying goes back to 2001?

When clicking on the tab APPLICATION AND BONUS POINTS the points tab says, "view your point history and current point balance". It then states, "deer/1, desert sheep/1, Cal bighorn sheep/1". The next line down says "point #8988, new 10". Nowhere on the website is there any information that a certain point # (8988) may be associated with a species. It's probably mule deer as I have 10 mule deer bonus points. But wait - one line says deer 1 and the next line down says new 10. So do I have 1 point or 10 points for mule deer?

And the point # that appears on ones account is that species specific or customer specific? Again one is left to guess!

Good luck to all the optimistic guys on this forum who intend to use internet explorer and wait until the last week to apply!

It has been mentioned before, it seems like everyone's history only goes to 2006.

You have to click on each category of points. Mine says the same thing. Click on each one and it shows the points. Then click on the little arrow to the right and you can scroll through each one.

The front page of the website also says that IE may cause issues.

Download chrome or Firefox.

IE is not as secure as the others, probably not a good idea to use it anyway when doing online transaction. The security updates just aren't there.

Meversten - thanks for explaining. Thankfully all my points came through. I do, however, stand by one of my original points. The new web site IS not USER FRIENDLY compared to that of Wildlife Administrative Services. With them one could see the past survey they submitted as a requirement associated with the harvest of an animal.

And by clicking on licenses and permits it shows I have an active NR big game hunting license for which I paid O$. I only wish I'd paid nothing as opposed to $142. Yep - Kalkomey really has something to be proud of as the new online vendor!

>And by clicking on licenses and
>permits it shows I have
>an active NR big game
>hunting license for which I
>paid O$. I only
>wish I'd paid nothing as
>opposed to $142. Yep
>- Kalkomey really has something
>to be proud of as
>the new

Some people just like the sound of their own voice I guess. As has been stated numerous times above, it appears that all the kinks are getting worked out. It's a NEW program that has to handle literally hundreds of thousands of data points, there's bound to be some hiccups. You got your 17 or whatever points that you were so worried about so relax. You clearly haven't been around long enough to remember the crapstorm that was the rollout of the previous vendor, that was ten times worse than this. There?s no vast conspiracy to rid you of your chance to hunt Nevada. God forbid an agency tries to be proactive to improve a dated and cost prohibitive system.

Rambo, all that moaning and groaning only to find out your bonus points are fine...just as you were told they would be. Now you found something else to complain about (past surveys) when the site CLEARLY shows that hunter surveys are "coming soon" just as it once said about the bonus points.
I have applied in Nevada my entire life. And this system is just fine in the user friendly department. You just have to NOT be bitter because the company your buddy works for no longer has the contract.

Also, to clarify, I did NOT post the other thread about bonus points. You are confusing me with someone else.
You are seriously whining because your history isn't 100% complete yet? Or that your valid license doesn't show what you paid for it? Who cares? You have your bonus points and you have your license. It has become VERY clear that you are whining just for the sake of whining.

Cost prohibitive and dated according to who and what objective performance criteria? At what point from 1993 to 2017 did the system provided by Wildlife Administrative Services become dated and cost prohibitive? Please educate us all as how we can access the data which verify's the system in place by Wildlife Administrative Services became dated and cost prohibitive according to you.

>Cost prohibitive and dated according to
>who and what objective performance
>criteria? At what point
>from 1993 to 2017 did
>the system provided by Wildlife
>Administrative Services become dated and
>cost prohibitive? Please educate
>us all as how we
>can access the data which
>verify's the system in place
>by Wildlife Administrative Services became
>dated and cost prohibitive according
>to you

Man, it must be rough being such an angry, distrusting person. I don't feel like it's my job to inform you any further and you've pretty much been proven wrong on every claim. I highly doubt you'll ever concede that the new system works and will be better in the long run so I'll just step aside and let you carry on.

Oh, btw, I guess the turkey draw went off today and I haven't heard of any issues at all. Good luck with your 17 non resident points, hopefully they haven't disappeared again.

All my points are correct but it does not show my licenses purchased for the last two years.
I thought the old system was just fine. Hopefully this new system will be pretty seamless once they get all the bugs worked out.

>Cost prohibitive and dated according to
>who and what objective performance
>criteria? At what point
>from 1993 to 2017 did
>the system provided by Wildlife
>Administrative Services become dated and
>cost prohibitive? Please educate
>us all as how we
>can access the data which
>verify's the system in place
>by Wildlife Administrative Services became
>dated and cost prohibitive according
>to you.

Rambo, since you apparently have tons of time on your hands to sit on MM all day and night, perhaps you could join a couple conservation groups and do something worthwhile for wildlife. WSF and RMEF are both great groups and they have tons of volunteer projects available. People probably won't want to listen to you ##### all day, but I'm sure you could get through an 8 hour day acting like a normal human. Just a suggestion....if I had that much time I'd definitely find better ways to use it.

I've been a member of both groups and have attended my share of RMEF conventions and Wyoming Chapter of WSF conventions. I'm still waiting on any objective performance criteria that verifies the web site and application process in place by Wildlife Administrative Services became dated and cost prohibitive.

Rambopup,
To anyone who isn't blind it was Very plain to see how dated it was compared to newer systems. And it was cost prohibitive in the fact that it lost out to the new system by literally millions of dollars when the bidding process was completed.
Any other bogus claims you would like refuted with facts? You are on a roll so far.

So it sounds like you are from Wyoming Rambopup. I'm willing to bet you weren't complaining too much when your state recently decided to increase the cost (by a ridiculous amount in some cases) for non residents to hunt your state....

NVme you can't read very well. I'm a former resident of Wyoming. Haven't lived there since 2005! I've posted a lot recently about Wyoming and the fee increases, especially for NR pref points. Unless a non resident is at or near the top in pref points it makes no sense financially to apply in Wyoming.

And your comment about Wildlife Administrative Services is merely your subjective value judgement. I guess all the other states that contract for their hunt licensing and draw services are out of date with their websites and application process. Please post on MM how many millions according to you NDOW will save with Kalkomey Enterprises as opposed to Wildlife Administrative Services. Please educate us how that information can be verified.

Well lets see NVme. Systems Consultants, aka Wildlife Administrative Services also has license and big game draw services for four other states: Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, and Idaho. Is that a bogus claim? Are those state systems also dated according to you?

What newer state application systems are you comparing to former NDOW vendor Wildlife Administrative Services?

With Kalkomey Enterprises the order history for purchases only goes back to 2006 despite many people posting, including myself, that their purchase history goes back much further. Is that error or misinformation a bogus claim or a fact?

For each order which is a purchase Kalkomey Enterprises shows I paid $0.00 every year. Is that error or misinformation a bogus claim or a fact?

With Kalkomey Enterprises under the Licenses and Permits area when I click on "All" it says "You have no licenses" when in fact I purchased such last year. When I click on "Active" it says "2018". How can I have no license and at the same time have an active license for 2018? Is that error or misinformation a bogus claim or a fact?

With Kalkomey Enterprises under the Application and Points area when I select a year to view my draw application history nothing shows up despite clicking on both the year and triangle icons. It also says I have no applications despite applying for the past 17 years! Is that error or misinformation a bogus claim or a fact?

With Kalkomey Enterprises under the Surveys area it shows I have no pending, active, or submitted surveys despite having completed and submitting the required survey related to the harvest of a mule deer in 2007 and an elk in 2014. Is that error or misinformation a bogus claim or a fact?

I have a problem with the new vendor and system that I have not seen addressed by anyone else yet. I apply for myself and my son, using a common email address for both of us. When I log in for me, I get correct information. BUT, when I log in for my son, I still get my information as soon as I put in my email address.

Any thoughts or ideas on this, before I call Mr. Robb?

I had the same issue while setting up my parents new account as they share an email address. I called and talked to a very helpful and informative lady and she explained that with the new system EACH person is required to have their own separate email. It ended up not being a problem as my mom has another email address but for those who don't they'll need to get one.

Yes, happened with me and my son during turkey apps. It was my son's first time putting in. Same when I tried putting daughter's info in too. Called and found out that each individual has to have their very own account including email address. So, your going to have to create him his own account and open him a Gmail account. That's what I was told.

Thank you for that information. Honestly, that totally sucks. I thought Systems Consultants was the best of any states draw websites and I WAS able to use one email address for both of us. This new system is NOT better.

CAelknuts - tell that to the following people at NDOW licensing, PROVIDED THEY LISTEN: Maureen Hullinger 775-688-1881, and Jack Robb (Director of Nevada NDOW) 775-688-1549.

You are correct - the new system is not better and is lacking many components of the customer/applicant history. Obviously NDOW licensing considers people who apply as applicants as opposed to being customers!

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom