New Williams fiber optic globe sight?

txhunter58

Long Time Member
Anyone seen this yet? I absolutely loved the old Tru-Glo fiberoptic front sight. Seems to be an attempt to copy that. The original was a wrapped fineroptic and was almost glow in the dark. This one may not be as good in low light but looks intriguing. And replacement fiber optic posts are just $14

Opinions.

deadibob

Very Active Member
Anyone seen this yet? I absolutely loved the old Tru-Glo fiberoptic front sight. Seems to be an attempt to copy that. The original was a wrapped fineroptic and was almost glow in the dark. This one may not be as good in low light but looks intriguing. And replacement fiber optic posts are just $14

Opinions.
I will take a Williams sight over a Tru-Glo everytime, they are much better quality. Williams has been around long before Tru-Glo. Back in the 90's I used an adjustable Williams rear peep and a Williams firesight for the front. I hope Utah eliminates scopes on muzzys, the first thing I will do is put a front globe and a tang vernier peep sight on back. :)

buckhorn

Very Active Member
I like it!
I haven’t used the Williams but I might replace my Lyman front globe with that Williams front globe. I see you can buy just the globe without the rear sight. Looks like it might let in a little more light than the Lyman globe?
Very interesting thanks for posting!

txhunter58

Long Time Member
I was going to buy just the front and use my existing rear Williams peep, but the globe fiberoptic looks taller than my existing front sight. Called and asked Williams and they said prob wouldn’t have enough elevation with an original rear peep. Said the “package” has a taller peep.

Bottom line is I went ahead and ordered the set. They are already out of the replacement fiberoptic inserts

buckhorn

Very Active Member
I was going to buy just the front and use my existing rear Williams peep, but the globe fiberoptic looks taller than my existing front sight. Called and asked Williams and they said prob wouldn’t have enough elevation with an original rear peep. Said the “package” has a taller peep.

Bottom line is I went ahead and ordered the set. They are already out of the replacement fiberoptic inserts
Crosshair insert is what I was most interested in. Is that what they are out of?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Top Bottom