New Williams fiber optic globe sight?

txhunter58

Long Time Member
Anyone seen this yet? I absolutely loved the old Tru-Glo fiberoptic front sight. Seems to be an attempt to copy that. The original was a wrapped fineroptic and was almost glow in the dark. This one may not be as good in low light but looks intriguing. And replacement fiber optic posts are just $14

Opinions.

Anyone seen this yet? I absolutely loved the old Tru-Glo fiberoptic front sight. Seems to be an attempt to copy that. The original was a wrapped fineroptic and was almost glow in the dark. This one may not be as good in low light but looks intriguing. And replacement fiber optic posts are just $14

Opinions.
I will take a Williams sight over a Tru-Glo everytime, they are much better quality. Williams has been around long before Tru-Glo. Back in the 90's I used an adjustable Williams rear peep and a Williams firesight for the front. I hope Utah eliminates scopes on muzzys, the first thing I will do is put a front globe and a tang vernier peep sight on back. :)

I like it!
I haven’t used the Williams but I might replace my Lyman front globe with that Williams front globe. I see you can buy just the globe without the rear sight. Looks like it might let in a little more light than the Lyman globe?
Very interesting thanks for posting!

I was going to buy just the front and use my existing rear Williams peep, but the globe fiberoptic looks taller than my existing front sight. Called and asked Williams and they said prob wouldn’t have enough elevation with an original rear peep. Said the “package” has a taller peep.

Bottom line is I went ahead and ordered the set. They are already out of the replacement fiberoptic inserts

Thinking about just the front as well to go with an Eabco peep rib. I think I can get enough elevation out of the back with that setup.

I was going to buy just the front and use my existing rear Williams peep, but the globe fiberoptic looks taller than my existing front sight. Called and asked Williams and they said prob wouldn’t have enough elevation with an original rear peep. Said the “package” has a taller peep.

Bottom line is I went ahead and ordered the set. They are already out of the replacement fiberoptic inserts
Crosshair insert is what I was most interested in. Is that what they are out of?

I was talking about the fiber optic insert

I do not know if the original inserts will fit in the new globe with holes in it.

Got my sight yesterday and went home with the idea to change my knight over to the new globe fiberoptic sight. Before I did, I set it side by side with the current fiberoptic post on the gun. The new sight is certainly smaller than my existing front fiberoptic post. However, it is not as bright in dim light. Let me qualify that by saying if you are aiming toward the light, it is just as bright. But if you are aiming away from the source of light, it is dimmer. That and the fact that my current set up is already sighted in and my hunt is just 4 weeks away makes me hesitate to change.

This test was done inside with light filtering in through window. I will have to do the same test outside at dusk to make a final determination. I guess I was hoping it would be something like the truglo but that was unrealistic.

More to come and I will post some pics showing them side by side.

Tx
I just ordered the front sight for my White whitetail to see if I can see better than original white front sight. How long did it take for you to receive the sight after you ordered? I also have a Lyman 57SMET peep. Hope the setup works.
Thanks

I ordered one just for the heck of it.

I got mine on ebay for $100 and it came in 4 days. This one is for the CVA and others. There are other part numbers available.

Last edited:
the cross hair insert is the big ticket

20210818_153413.jpg

20210818_150427.jpg

34EA167B-13ED-4894-A528-233141EFEF46.jpeg
This is 75 yards with a front fiberoptic front sight and 6o’clock hold. Two different 2 shot groups and the 3rd is a 3 shot group. There is certainly more than one way to get good results! 2” bullseye. 95 grain BH 209 and a 350 gr federal BOR lock

View attachment 83709This is 75 yards with a front fiberoptic front sight and 6o’clock hold. Two different 2 shot groups and the 3rd is a 3 shot group. There is certainly more than one way to get good results! 2” bullseye. 95 grain BH 209 and a 350 gr federal BOR lock
Good shooting!
Are you going to sight in for a little high at that distance?
I sight in my Muzzy for about 2” high at 100 yards.
I find the crosshair insert gives me better accuracy.

Yes. That was my first session with a new bullet. I had already shot a far number of times with 90 gr so once I found out 95 gr was more accurate and got it near the bull I quit for the day. I live in Texas and it was getting HOT by then! Also, I have neck issues that don’t let me shoot unlimited times any more. ☹️Headed back out tomorrow and will raise the POI. I too like it about 1-2” high at 100. Wanted to dial it in at closer ranges before moving back. Would not shoot past 120 unless conditions were ideal and I was prone.

I agree the Lee shaver kit with the fine crosshair is the ticket. Anything fiber optic is too big past 100 yards. I was consistently hitting a softball size target out to 300 with my muzzy and the Lee shaver crosshairs in a Lyman globe is all well and
That is all well and good for targets, and shooting game in broad daylight. I am a hunter, and don’t really care about shooting on the range except to practice for a hunt. You, I suspect, shoot a lot more than I do. So for hunting, what do you do to see with the crosshairs at Dawn and dusk and in deep shade (timber)? I tried crosshairs and went back to fiberoptic. By using a fine fiberoptic bead (such as this new globe sight) and the 6 O’clock hold, I can aim at pretty small targets in pretty dim light.

That said, if you can hit a softball with open sights at 300 yards, you are a better shot than I am or ever hope to be. As stated, I shoot out to 120 yards and maybe a bit further if everything is ideal. I could really care less about hitting a target or animal at 300 yards with a muzzleloader. I have a centerfire rifle with a scope for that. I enjoy primitive weapons and accept the limitations they (and my own abilities) put on me.

For those that want to shoot animals with a Muzzy at 300 yards, I am sure your set up is superior to mine. And I have no problem with those that do that. But I would take a fiberoptic set up at first and last light and heavy timber any day at any yardage over crosshairs

Last edited:
Good shooting!
Are you going to sight in for a little high at that distance?
I sight in my Muzzy for about 2” high at 100 yards.
I find the crosshair insert gives me better accuracy.
The other thing you have to realize is that My aiming point is the BOTTOM of the 2” black circle. With the six o’clock hold, I can be most accurate putting the top of the front sight on the bottom of the black. So, relative to my point of aim, I am already about 1” high. So, my goal Tomorrow is to move it just a smidge to the right and get my POI at or just above the top of the black. That will be 2-3” above the spot I am aiming at.

Went out today and shot again using my original front fiberoptic post and the 6 o’clock hold. Was also using an O ring in the primer pocket for the first time. My gun has a really deep pocket so gave the O ring a try even though I have a Knight bolt rifle. Worked well but only fired 10 shots. Well enough that I think I will stay with the O ring.

I raised the sight just a bit and then shot my last 2 shots at an elk target at 100 yards. My aim point was aprox 1&1/2” lower than POI. I think I am good out to 120 so I quit there!

0F267C77-1D3A-45CF-B47D-85285C3C5679.jpeg

Went out today and shot again using my original front fiberoptic post and the 6 o’clock hold. Was also using an O ring in the primer pocket for the first time. My gun has a really deep pocket so gave the O ring a try even though I have a Knight bolt rifle. Worked well but only fired 10 shots. Well enough that I think I will stay with the O ring.

I raised the sight just a bit and then shot my last 2 shots at an elk target at 100 yards. My aim point was aprox 1&1/2” lower than POI. I think I am good out to 120 so I quit there!

View attachment 83812
That’s a small elk…. Good shooting!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom