New Wolf Management Plans

Outdoordan

Very Active Member
Idaho has put together new proposals for extending the season on wolves. This is prompted by new population modeling that shows a marked increase in the number of wolves in Idaho. The new model shows potential numbers of wolves stand at 1,541. This number is far above the agreed upon numbers Idaho must carry to conform with agreements i.e. ESA. The state legislature has put forth a new bill aiming at a year round hunting season in SW Idaho. I don't agree with the legislature getting involved in Fish and Game manners. Fish and game has now proposed there own extended seasons, for ALL areas of Idaho. IF YOU CAN TAKE A MOMENT TO FILL THIS OUT! The anti's are pushing hard to squash these proposals. Please take a moment and Thanks. Wolf Proposal

I put my comments in. I don’t think it’s going to make much of a difference in harvest though. There are a few guys that flat get after it and they will do well. Trapping is by far the most successful but at this point we need a parvo or mange out break.

I commented. Might as well just open it up all year. I don’t think it will increase harvest that much, but it is a good reason to pack a rifle around on a summer hike.

I think having it open through the bear season will have an impact on harvest. I think their proposal is good as the anti's can't say the season is open 365.

I think if they want more take then they should eliminate the need to have a tag. I imagine more incidental kills by guys toting rifles chasing other quarry. That said, it's already obvious these critters are smart and have now learned to avoid the two legged critters. When I see them now, they don't hang around at all.

It's not like it used to be years ago when I would hear wolves daily and see them frequently. The wolves have gone almost completely nocturnal in unit 28. Too many people hunting them have made them smarter. I have sat for days on a ridge overlooking a cattle ranch in hopes of seeing one trying to score a calf without success. Trapping may be the best way now to control numbers as said above.
PB

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom