New World Record Non Typ

HunterHarry

Long Time Member
Anyone know of this Oregon Buck has been panel scored?

bt999.jpg

I dont know anything about that buck, but he has got to score over 200 inches. ???? When was he killed?

LAST EDITED ON Mar-03-09 AT 10:00AM (MST)[p]Wow nice pisscutter

Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

49ad620a2fcfdd6d.jpg

IF thats a muley, I'll kiss my ass! To me it looks 100% blacktail. HH, what does he score?

Who says the cape goes with the antlers? Anyone can mount a set of mule deer antlers with a blacktail cape. I call BS on that being a 100% Blacktail. You can believe whatever you want, that's just what I believe.

I know Eric as he use to have his business here in my town and have been at his place a few times till he moved north. Eric is or was not like that to swap hide/racks.

Eric is a very good Taxi and doubt he would screw up like you guys are saying.........good old internet babble.

Brian

Don't know all the details, but I am pretty sure the buck came from Washington state in a true blacktail zone.

Don't shoot til your ready!

Gotta admit he looks to big to be pure balcky but what do I know, its just that people have made up chit so often, like where it was really killed n stuff. ?....friggin nice no matter what... unless its a alfalfa buck?.....

LAST EDITED ON Jun-17-09 AT 11:27AM (MST)[p]

Well I am just the messenger on this one.
When I first saw photos of this buck it seemed too good to be real, but then again so does the world record typical Blacktail.
I did a little digging & found out that the guy had it mounted and told the taxidermist that YES it was a pure blacktail.
NOW I hear rumor that it indeed came from east of I 5 making it ineligible as entry as a pure blacktail.
Time will tell on this one.
I never meant to mislead anyone, just telling it as I heard it.
HH

:) Yep Eel, That's a shooter buck all day, all week, all season long!! That other "monster" buck is just outa this world!!

Joey

Anyone know of this Oregon Buck has been panel scored?

bt999.jpg
So this is a absolute monster. Where I come from in days creek Oregon I have seen monster black tailed deer. What people don't understand is that blacks are the hardest deer to hunt, they are smart, skiddish and they are paranoid as hell especially when they get big. I call them cliff bucks because the only time I have glassed them was in the steapest country I've seen in southern Oregon. If I were to be able to even have a decent shot I wouldn't take it because if I were to they would have fallen hundreds of feet and it would bruise the meat and break the horns. I took my brother up there a few years back because he didn't believe me. So when he saw it first hand he **** his pants. The cliffs are literally filled with monsters and they are there every year without question! We counted 12 in just one day! We tried to make a shot happen but we were 500 yards away and we couldn't get any closer. I can hit anything from that distance on flat ground but we were down hill shooting up hill, the wind in that country is swift and unpredictable to say the least and the San Ana winds blow even harder so we didn't feel confident to shoot one. If I can't hit it with 100 percent certainty I won't pull it. And once I take one that spot is most likely compromised and they will find another spot. The biggest one we saw was a non- typical 5+ point and I wanted him so bad, he could have been a record for sure and I couldn't see all his points. He had points coming out everywhere and he had drop tines on both sides and they touched each other in the middle right above his nose. I'm going again next year and no matter what I have to do to get a shot I am not leaving from there unless I have his head and meat in my bag. Wish me luck

I-5 is only a boundary for elk, B&C allows blacktail to be taken to the eastern boundary of the Willamette NF.

I'm not going to speculate in whether it's a blacktail, but it would have to be DNA tested before I'd believe it.

I-5 is only a boundary for elk, B&C allows blacktail to be taken to the eastern boundary of the Willamette NF.

I'm not going to speculate in whether it's a blacktail, but it would have to be DNA tested before I'd believe it.
since this thread is from 2009......it has been sorted out or forgotten....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom