Newfoundland ewe hunt

257weatherby

My 17 year old daughter drew this tag and we are excited to hunt, but we went out there yesterday and took the only route that I now to get there and the road is in terrible shape ( I drive a one ton dually) and I am wondering if there any other access points. We came in from the lakepoint side and past the pump station along the railroad tracks. Also any pointers on where to look for sheep. General areas mainly (north or south end high or low). I have been on the mountain range before and I know where the main guzzlers that are in the middle of the range but we were short on time this last trip and did not get very far around the west side before needing to turn back. Thanks in advance for the help

That road is terrible on tires, so take an extra spare, and yes it sounds like you were on the right road.
Most of the sheep hang more on the north end to the middle of the range. They can be high or low and both sides of the mountain depending on conditions.
Sheep hunting is a long range glassing game so plan on good optics to find them.

It may be rough in the dually but you get a couple extra spares that way!
Tough to be out there in prime time without spending the night depending on your starting point.
But I wouldn't worry about finding sheep out there.
Do you know your hunt plan yet? I wouldn't think you'd need to many days.

Can the northern range Miners Basin area be accessed from I-80 or is the only access coming in from the north?

The only way to the whole range is from the railroad tracks, either north or south.they all end up on the tracks.

Did a scouting trip yesterday and today. Was able to find a few

8BCA29CC-8180-4C76-BF60-860180F8D7D3.jpeg

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom