Newfoundland moose hunt at 70

shortmag

LAST EDITED ON Sep-25-19 AT 05:05AM (MST)[p]Back from a grand adventure in Newfoundland. Harvested a nice 13 pt. bull on Thursday 9/19. Went to Newfoundland as I am 70 years old and don't have time to wait to draw in the states. Saw lots of game and lots of wild country. First guided hunt for big game and it was enjoyable. My partner killed his bull on Friday as well. With some hard frosts, the rut was just starting. Both bulls were real fat and should be great table fare.

Any pictures or advice? We are headed to Newfoundland for Moose and maybe bear in early October this year 2020
16 happy happy happy.jpg

It was so fun! Lots of game, wild country, awesome people and great accommodations. One day of rain but we still saw game. Bring tall rubber boots as most steps are soggy. Saw bigger bulls but it just didn't work out. Saw smaller bulls and passed. Caribou as well.

Conne River Outfitters and they did a great job. Nice lodge, excellent guides, and good equipment. Great attitude as well, they want you to have a great hunt. Good food as well. They have a grand piece of Newfoundland. Hard working, fun folks.

I don't know about 2020 bookings. They do have repeating clients. The hunt was a once in a lifetime/bucket list experience. RMD well spent.

Thanks for pic’s and congrats on your Bull Moose sounds like s grate hunt. Just hopefully they open the boarder so I can go on my hunt in October.

Were hunting with mountpeytonoutfitters in Newfoundland and I have heard grate things about them and have a lot of repeat clients . If we get to hunt Newfoundland this year like planed I will give an update .

We used Argos to get around then walked to lookouts and glassed. Awesome machine those Argos. They can go nearly everywhere. Walking in the bogs and tuckamores wore on me but we saw so much game that it never got old. We just caught the beginning of the rut as they were not talking until the last couple of days.

Joe, they use 'em on Jim Shokey's Yukon show on the hunting channel and they seem to do it all, even rushing rivers!!!

Robb

As above, the Argos will go through the bogs, flooded grasses, and muddy terrain. They are the ultimate Newfie transporter. They will go across a lake slowly but no problem. They are equipped with winch so as to offer an assist if needed.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom