Newfoundland Moose Hunt

bergy

Had a great trip up North to Newfoundland on a fly in moose hunt with my son. We went with Effords Hunting Adventures. Weather was horrible! On the first day we saw a great bull that was probably 40-45 inches wide, about 30 minutes before sunset. Unfortunately, he was about a mile off headed away from us. We couldnt hunt on Sunday, Newfoundland law, so we sat around and played games and just rested. Monday we were back at it. I told my son that based on the weather report we needed to shoot the first respectable bull he saw. We had hiked about 2 miles and were making our way through the tucker brush when my son spotted this bull about 500 yards away. The guide called him in to about 200 yards and my son let his 7MM roar! While this bull isnt the biggest that Newfoundland offers Im really glad he didnt pass. The rest of the week was heavy rain and fog. Not the best hunting combination. Had a great time. Cant wait to go back.

moose.jpg

Great shot. Congrats. I was lucky enough to hunt caribou up there 20 yrs ago before the price went way up. It’s an awesome trip to hunt up there. Did you guys drive?

Great shot. Congrats. I was lucky enough to hunt caribou up there 20 yrs ago before the price went way up. It’s an awesome trip to hunt up there. Did you guys drive?
We did drive.... I think if I was to do it again I would fly..... thats a LONG drive! BTW, as you mentioned, the price on Caribou is way up. Over 20K! If I bought that my wife would have my head mounted on the wall of the trophy room. :)

We did drive.... I think if I was to do it again I would fly..... thats a LONG drive! BTW, as you mentioned, the price on Caribou is way up. Over 20K! If I bought that my wife would have my head mounted on the wall of the trophy room. :)
Congrats to your son! Lots of good eating there.

A Woodland 'bou from that area is one I lack of the five major ones, but it would be a cold day in hell before I paid $20K to kill one. :oops:

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Canada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Outstanding waterfowl or whitetail deer hunt in beautiful Saskatchewan, Canada.

Urge 2 Hunt

Premier hunts in Alberta for trophy whitetail, mule deer, elk, moose and black bear. Guaranteed tags.

Back
Top Bottom