Nice classic Rifle

Whiterock

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Sep-24-16 AT 04:25AM (MST)[p]Just bought this Weatherby pre Mark V left hand in 300Wby magnum.Production in the 150's.May need a stock refinish but still a real classic.all I have seen is pictures,will take a week or so to receive it.Was told this has the German built action.

If it's a real Southgate you don't want to refinish it. worn original finish is better than a refinish on most collectables.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

Having trouble finding the correct scope bases for this rifle. Weatherby could not help,leupold could not help. I took it to our local gushop andnothing lines up. Going to try Williams gunsight in Davison Mi.

It is just a Mauser that Roy worked over to remove some of the bulk and ugly from.

I think these rifles were made to accept the same bases as the Remington 721, which I think are the same as the 700.

If not you might want to look up the Weatherby Collectors Assc and contact them. someone there will be able to tell you more than you want to know.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

My daughter just got one handed down from my father. It is also a West German made 300 Weatherby. Looks like it was made my Sauer in 1963. Serial number 41624. Don't really know what it's worth. But it has a old Bausch and Lomb scope on it with some really funny mount. She was hoping to put a new scope and rings on it. So let us know what you find. I didn't think it would be a problem. But from what you said. Maybe so. http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos_2016/70616image.jpeg

That rifle is a mark V , Remington 700 bases will fit it you have nothing to worry about.

The OP has a Southgate and that's another matter.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

Correct,my rifle is a Southgate production date 1953. Only 599 of these rifles were produced in that year. Mine has a 4 digit serial number.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom