Nice Georgia Buck

M

Michelle_Nelson

Here is a picture of a mount I completed about a month ago. Deer would have weighed close to 300lbs if it wouldn't have been shot at the end of the rut. The deer had run does so hard his hip, rib, and back bones were visible. He still weighed over 250lbs. Thats a nice deer considering our average mounted buck weighs 170lbs.

4643d12b56339100.jpg

That part of the world has always turned out some giants. We hunt on my folks 140 acres at Georgetown when we can get over there. I mostly guide my nine year old son and he meat hunts. Nothing like that buck around there.

He was deffinatly a georgia giant for sure. His eye to nose measurment was 9" and his neck was 23" tight behind the ears. A normal deers eye to nose is 7 1/2". I have only seen about 3 or 4 deer with a 8" eye to nose. I did taxidermy up their for 3 years.

Nice Buck! I'm from Ga. and have hunted here for over 2o years. He is a good one any year.

That is a nice Georgia deer. Believe it or not Georgia has the potential to grow some really nice deer if people would learn to practice some restraint when it comes to shooting small bucks. Here is a deer I shot in Greene County this year with my bow.

4672f99010e2ae43.jpg

Now thats also a nice buck! Especially for Georgia. Georgia deffiantly shows great potential for producing some monster bucks. I've seen huge deer on Trail Cam pics. Of course they are always night shots. If people would learn to shoot mature bucks, culls, and does than it would sure help produce the monsters.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom