Night over Sedona

Red Rabbit

I finally got out and photographed something- first time in over 2 months. In this image, the milky way arches over Bell Rock, Courthouse Butte, Lee Mountain, Gibraltar, and Twin Buttes near Sedona. I had been wanting to make this night panorama for a few years, and finally spent a few hours in the dark. This is a blend of about 9 images for the starry sky, and about 9 exposures for the mountains taken about 45 minutes after sunset so some detail could be captured with less noise. The native file is about 27x54" without any enlargement.
Ed2400-2x1-Blend-Topaz-Nik-Panorama-1-copy.jpg

After a series of images to stitch into a long panorama was shot, the night was ended with this single exposure. The light on Courthouse Butte is due to the lights of the Village of Oak Creek
Nikon D810, 24mm, f/2.8, ISO 6400, 20 sec.
Ed1600-2x3-Topaz-Nik-DSC0256-copy.jpg

The Sedona kids used to go to skool in Cottonwood so I had a couple of HS girlfriends from there. Moon over the redrocks has special meaning for me ? Skinny dipping at sliderock was a thing.

You could never get your socks clean after a baseball game at the Posse Grounds.

Beautiful place and very nice pictures that bring back a bunch of memories.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom