Nightforce or?

Stubaby

Very Active Member
Hey I'm looking at getting a Bergara Highlander in either 7 mag or 300 PRC. What model nightforce would you recommend. I have a lightweight rig (also bergara highlander with a vortex razor LH scope)
Mainly for elk and bigger out to 600 yards. So a medium wt hunting rig, not a bench gun.

I'm not familiar with all the different nightforce riflescopes. Give me your thoughts. Thanks.

"That's a special feeling, Lloyd!?

www.s2outdoor.com
www.tojagrid.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY8iBAgry-KrH49Tua4ftbA

Nightforce scopes are great can't go wrong with one. Don?t get the cheap one tho. Get a good model like a ATACR 5-25-56 or a Nxs.

For a 600 yard rig that shoots as flat as those two, SHV 3-10x42. The Leupold VX-5 and VX-6 are nice also. No way I put a 56mm Hubble on a hunting rifle meant for 600 yards. mtmuley

>For a 600 yard rig that
>shoots as flat as those
>two, SHV 3-10x42. The Leupold
>VX-5 and VX-6 are nice
>also. No way I put
>a 56mm Hubble on a
>hunting rifle meant for 600
>yards. mtmuley

I think Stu is saying 600 yards for hunting. Because he is posting on the internet. But he really is wanted a 1000 yard rifle. Why not with a 300 PRC. Stubaby elk feel comfortable at about 800 yards any closer they start to get nervous. I know you and you aren't going to stop at 600 yards. No reason to really.

"hubble"....lmmfao....no kidding

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Oct-22-19 AT 09:07PM (MST)[p]Then he should explain what he's after. A 56 mm Nightforce isn't necessary for what he described. Not even close. And if you think elk are nervous at 800 yards, you ain't doing it right. mtmuley

Do yourself a favor and dont even think about getting a Leupold!

Would rather put a Walmart tasco on a rifle.

37205hornkiller.jpg

I would recommend going to checkout all the scopes you are interested in. If you know someone that has a particular model, ask to go put a few rounds down range and try out the glass.

I have a Nightforce ATACR F1 and I have no complaints. I have Leupolds, Vortex, Burris, Swarovski, and Zeiss optics. All of them serve a purpose and work great. If you are not wanting to drop 2000+ on a new scope, I recommend the Nightforce SHV models. Great scopes that track with no issues.

>Do yourself a favor and dont
>even think about getting a
>Leupold!
>
>Would rather put a Walmart tasco
>on a rifle.
>
>
>
37205hornkiller.jpg

Pure genious here. mtmuley

>>Do yourself a favor and dont
>>even think about getting a
>>Leupold!
>>
>>Would rather put a Walmart tasco
>>on a rifle.
>>
>>
>>
37205hornkiller.jpg

>
>
>Pure genious here. mtmuley

Go ahead and keep using your junk scopes bud!

37205hornkiller.jpg

>>>Do yourself a favor and dont
>>>even think about getting a
>>>Leupold!
>>>
>>>Would rather put a Walmart tasco
>>>on a rifle.
>>>
>>>
>>>
37205hornkiller.jpg

>>
>>
>>Pure genious here. mtmuley
>
>
>Go ahead and keep using your
>junk scopes bud!
>
>
37205hornkiller.jpg

Haha. Ok. mtmuley

LAST EDITED ON Oct-30-19 AT 09:04PM (MST)[p]You posted the NX8. I have one, it's the 2.5-20x50. I like mine. I'd recommend it.

I have a 4-16x42 atacr. It's a nice scope, but I'm not a big fan of the 34mm tube and rotating ocular. The glass is however overall better than the nx8.

I have never looked at the shv line. By my reading I was never sure if it had an actual zero stop like the others.

A sleeper scope in the used market is a bushnell lrhs.

Besides Nightforce, you can't go wrong with a Leupold Mark 5 HD
They are made in Beaverton Oregon and carry a lifetime warranty.

Chuck in Boise

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom