Nightguard 2000

wybighorn

Last spring and this fall I had a bunch of bears hitting my bait but mostly at night. I was told about this product but I don't know much about it. Has anyone tried one of these? I'm tempted to get one, but at $500 i'm a little hesitant. I hope it would help the "night bear" problem, but who knows. If anyone has any information, I would love to hear from you. Thanks!

http://www.nightguard2000.com/

I have one. I'm a very good friend of the inventor/creator of the nightguard. He sent me one a couple seasons ago to try out and give him feedback as well as help spread the word on it. We started bear hunting together and after we had our first taste of bear hunting success he was hooked and is now pretty focused on bear hunting over anything else. He's an electrical engineer and he quickly started tinkering with different ideas and designs that would extend bait life and keep the bears out at night. I moved away and he kept tinkering until he arrived at this design.

The first season I used it a group of hound hunters moved into that area running their dogs all over my baitsite. This last spring they were back and after I'd had enough I moved to a new location and finally got away from the hound hunters but then my job got in the way and I never made it out again. I ended up leaving it on the mountain for the rest of the season (3 weeks) without going in to check on it. When I did go back to get all my stuff off the mountain I found trail camera pictures showing several bears had been hitting the bait during daylight hours after failing to get food during the night.

I will say this, it is durable, the battery lasts 2 months even in cold snowy weather. The simple fact that bears can't get food out of it during the night extends the life of your bait and reduces how much food you need to put out over the course of the season. The settings are easy to learn and the components are waterproof/food proof and bear proof.

One thing to remember with the nightguard that I found is that for it to work properly as far as getting bears to transition to daylight feeding is you need to be in an area that does not have any other baitsites or hound hunters. If there are other baitsites nearby and the bears find that they cannot eat your bait at night they will just move to another baitsite.

There aren't any similar products that I know of. One product that tries to do the same thing has 7 compartments and 1 opens each day. That thing weighs over 200 lbs and cost $700. The nightguard weighs under 30 lbs so you can pack it in to any location.

Idelkslayer, I know its been a few years since you post, however im curious if it is still possible to purchase the nightguard. I made an attempt to contact the seller thru there FB site back in Oct. 2018, and never recieved a reply, and the website does not open. I just reached out again today. I seen your post here and thought maybe you may have contact info. Please let me know as I would love to make a purchase.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom