nikon buckmaster scope

C

champset

I am thinking of purchasing this scope for my '06. I looked at it and it seems to have an extremely clear view. Does anyone have one of these? I thought of picking up the Leupold VXI for about the same price but have since learned that the reticle setting uses friction rather than clicks to hold the sights in place. This seems iffy to me.

Thanks

Champset

i had a buckmaster on a 300 win mag. i've had a couple nikons and i'm pretty impressed with them. really like the clarity, almost as clear as my vari-xIII. only problem i have is they don't have as much eye relief as a leupold.

My brother has one on his .270. I agree that the clarity is very impressive. I've shot about 50 rounds through the rifle and say its a pretty good scope.
-Raptor

>I am thinking of purchasing this
>scope for my '06.
>I looked at it and
>it seems to have an
>extremely clear view. Does
>anyone have one of these?
> I thought of picking
>up the Leupold VXI for
>about the same price but
>have since learned that the
>reticle setting uses friction rather
>than clicks to hold the
>sights in place. This
>seems iffy to me.
>
>Thanks
>
>Champset

If you are planning to hunt in cold foul weather you mite want to consider something else. I have found that any nikon product has a problem with fogging up.

>If you are planning to hunt
>in cold foul weather you
>mite want to consider something
>else. I have found that
>any nikon product has a
>problem with fogging up.

My experience is the opposite. Have Nikon Venturer binos, no problems with fogging. Had a Nikon Buckmaster on a .300 RUM, and switched it to a S&B. But, it held up beautifully.

I would pay a little more, and go with the Monarch though. A 3-9x40 will be about $250.00 delivered. Buckmaster has 88% light transmission, and the Monarch is about 92%. The Monarch is a very nice scope.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom