Nikon heads up

COLOelkman

Very Active Member
I sent back a Nikon rifle scope I had that went bad and wasn't aware they no longer make rifle scopes. I was told it was beyond repair and they gave me a credit voucher of $650 to use on their website. Problem is, I don't need anything else other than a rifle scope so looks like I'll have to buy something else then sell it to get money for what I really need. At least they honored their lifetime warranty, just not with something I needed. Can buy any camera lens, bino, spotter, etc. So I'll hafta maybe figure out what I can get that will not loose as much value when I try to sell it as a new item!

Might find someone who needs the voucher to buy something that will trade you cash or a scope?

Good luck. Hope it works out for you.

Might find someone who needs the voucher to buy something that will trade you cash or a scope?

Good luck. Hope it works out for you.
Ideally that'd be best but I'm not sure if the voucher is tied to my name or ? Not sure if I'd want to even ask their Customer Service about it as my experience with them so far has been quite frustrating and very time consuming for very simple questions and issues. I'll probably see if I can find someone locally that wants another Nikon product so we can deal face to face in case it doesn't work out.

I had the same experience with Nikon CS except I didnt get a vocher. I am stuck with a scope with black tape as a scope cap. They don't make them any more and don't have any parts.

Ideally that'd be best but I'm not sure if the voucher is tied to my name or ? Not sure if I'd want to even ask their Customer Service about it as my experience with them so far has been quite frustrating and very time consuming for very simple questions and issues. I'll probably see if I can find someone locally that wants another Nikon product so we can deal face to face in case it doesn't work out.
I found out my voucher is not tied to me, just a code they gave me as I plugged it in and put something in my shopping cart and it took off the voucher amount. Thus, I'll probably try to sell it locally as I'm guessing not many people would buy something like this from a stranger on the internet! So now I've got to find someone that needs a Nikon camera or lens now. Too bad they just didn't give me $ as I can foresee a time consuming process but we'll see.

you didn't get cash because you are gonna spend that $650 voucher on something a chinaman sold them for $10.....it's a cruel world

I had the same experience with Nikon CS except I didnt get a vocher. I am stuck with a scope with black tape as a scope cap. They don't make them any more and don't have any parts.
If you're just looking for scope caps, there's aftermarket ones around although I must say my Nikon caps are more durable than any aftermarket ones I've found. Think I still have my 50mm cap as I didn't send that back in with the scope.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom