Nikon

Not closing their doors, just getting out of the rifle scope business. Which means when parts are gone, they will no longer do any warranty work on their scopes. I believe this will also include binos and spotting scopes.

RELH

Everything I've read said it is just rifle scopes being discontinued. Binos, rangefinders and spotting scopes will still be produced.

elkantlers, about 12-15 years back Guntest magazine conducted a test of the Nikon Monarch scope against the top of the line leupold scope and rated the Nikon higher in clarity to the outer edge and brightness over the Leupold. In other words the Nikon had better lens over the Leupold.

I have a Nikon Monarch 3X9 on my favorite hunting rifle for the past 25 years and it is still perfect in performance today. My father in law switched from Leupold to Nikon Monarch after blowing out the crosshairs on the Leupold on his 300 Weatherby magnum and that scope is still working perfect 20 years later on that rifle.

YEP! people do buy Nikon scopes.

RELH

I agree with the positive comments on Nikon scopes , I've had a couple for ten to fifteen years and have never had an issue ! Just as clear as any Leupold I own if not clearer ! Sad news

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom