Nine mile-avintaquin west anthro cow

Shiras

Hey all!

before I get flamed, I want to start off with, I know it’s a low success hunt. And I have done my homework. I have actually hunted this unit many times and found success most of the time. However this year is a little different.

My wife has a tag, we hunted Saturday and Sunday. Usually there is all kinds of elk in Indian canyon. Not the case this year. A few bulls and 1 small group of cows is all we could turn up, and everyone else seemed to be looking for those cows as well…. We aren’t local, so it’s tough to just explore to find them. We also checked out lake canyon, right hand of Indian and a few other canyons on the east side of the highway. Nothing. Snow is too deep for them where they usually are. Anyone local or not, have any pointers or places to try out next? It’s not a “need to fill this tag” scenario, but a decent opportunity would be nice. I can trade info on elk for the Unitas, manti, wasatch, Nebo and west desert. Can also trade info for deer in those areas too. Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks, God bless, and good luck in the drawings this year!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom