NM A-PLUS Landowner List GONE

toklat

Could not download the NM Antelope private landowner list this morning. Followed up with a call to G and F. Was informed by a representative that it was removed and will no longer be available.
Inquired if it was possible to download a hard copy from the Department and was told it was not possible.
Therefore, if you were smart enough to have previously downloaded a hard copy or have an older list, hold on to it.
Going to make it so much harder to contact landowners and potential public land access without this information.
Antelope hunting in NM as we knew it has gone out the window.
As an aside, I did inquire on the status of the Game Commissioners that were asked to resign. Again, was told they all resigned!

Antelope is now in the hands or pockets of the Land Owners. Even if you drew a tag... Get yer check book out. What happened to the State owns the wildlife ?
Jack

The State does own the wildlife but the private land owners own their land they can sell tags on their ranches or keep everyone off it or just kill as many antelope as they think they need to . When cattle and antelope compete for the same grass in a dry year on a ranchers land guess who wins. It's pretty easy to go antelope hunting in NM now and you now can hunt the whole unit and private with written permission.

i have a copy of the antelope list but I only save the portion for unit 32. Not sure which unit you need but if its 32 id be happy to share with you

Don't even bother asking permission, they already have a pocket full of tags and folks paying big bucks to hunt their land. Do you really think they want a state tag holder to be on their land the same time they have trophy hunters there? Like the last post said, better get to know every mile of public land in the unit because that is all you have. Have not drawn a antelope tag in 15 years so I wasn't too concerned about it. But it sucks for the folks who were waiting for ranch assignments.

Public hunters will be ok in the southwest area. lots of public land accessible by vehicle or foot. Yes, some areas will be locked up and there will be some issues, however as a whole public hunters will be able to go anywhere they want and not be dictated to a specific ranch. I don't like the unlimited private licenses with the small pocketed populations in the sw area (except for San Augustine plains). If landowners just killed one more than what they historically have killed, it adds up to a lot more bucks getting killed. quality and number of bucks will go down in the southwest.

I hate to even think about what is going to happen to the antelope herds. It may just be a buck slaughter this year on some ranches.

Sad to see a lot of America is grown men crying about petty ##### and now I have to come to this thread and see the same thing!

You really don't HAVE to come on to these threads! You can just skip by and head on to the keeping up with the Kardashian site.
LOL

>Sad to see a lot of
>America is grown men crying
>about petty ##### and now
>I have to come to
>this thread and see the
>same thing!

Who?s says we are grown men. I'm 5?2? but I'm wirey. How big old boy are you?

It's everyones right who buys hunting and fishing licenses to give there opinions on how their states wildlife in managed. Nobody is whining( expect me). I don't considered how antelope is managed to be petty.

>i have a copy of the
>antelope list but I only
>save the portion for unit
>32. Not sure which unit
>you need but if its
>32 id be happy to
>share with you

PM sent

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom