NM antelope!

Hunter53

I went to New Mexico for the first time antelope hunting and got one that I am happy with. I went with a guide since I do not know the area at all. Hopefully I can find some public or if really lucky some private ground to antelope hunt so I don't have to hire a guide every time.

I must say I really liked the area and hope to go back as often as I can. Everyone I talked with was extremely nice! The lady at Cummings Processing was great!!

Only my second antelope and it is at the taxidermist so I can't score it; any guesses on what it might score? I did get measurements of the length. It was 15 1/4" on one and 15" on the other.

dcAjBhw.jpg

jnY8R3h.jpg

Congratulations! I wouldn’t even know how to guess at a score. What area were you hunting?
Last year I hunted south of Moriarty & had a great time. I would love to find a place a little closer to home in NM that I could hunt every other year or so.

Antelope are addictive. Mass is the key for antelope scoring. He is average on that but you're happy with him so that makes him a trophy buck. I've scored quite a few and I'd say around 76. Congrats and thanks for posting.

Yes they are addicting. I have always thought antelope were really cool and am finally able to get to hunt them.

Wow!! I want one of those. The Whitetail.Bigger than my biggest Muley. Congratulations on the Antelope. My family’s killed several over the years from low 70’s to mid 80’s. Hard to judge mass, but looks like 76-78 inch buck. Pretty buck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom