Nm bear ?

swampokie

Driving to nm tonight undecided on where to hunt first. Have 3 spots picked. Saw a nice boar in May at one of them. Unit 57 53 or 48. What unit is better for spot n stalk public land bear??

I’ve walked 4 miles and checked 5 ponds 4 of which were dry. I’m in 57 where I saw big boar in April. Will they eat the green acorns? Cherries are tiny and few. Headed to another canyon to walk to a 2 mile away pond thats Probly dry. May head to ocate this eve if I don’t find anything Lots of prickly pear and none touched. 4 miles and not one scat means no bear. Gota keep rollin. I’ll find one

Hit 48 north of ocate this afternoon. Walked another 3 miles and sat water four hours. No scat no bears Two days isn’t long enuff to find them. I know some good spots but they change year
To year with the weather patterns. Tuff to make it happen in a couple days without a good tip or pre scouting. Not sure where they were but the unit 57 hunters found them to a tune of 32 bears in 4 days.

It was pretty warm in the afternoon 80s and sunburn city. I did c the one I was after at 500 yards for about 10 seconds but only came home with memories. Blonde boar with black legs and black head. OUCH Had good time tho and saw some big bucks and bulls. Bulls were bugling pretty good for this early

That would have been a cool looking bear to bring home. Next time. :)
I am hoping I can draw an elk tag there sometime in the recent years. I just hate you have to pay upfront. Gotta be careful on how many species you put in for in NM as a non resident. It is pricey!!

Absolutely right wiszard I’ve been putting in for 15 years in New Mexico and the 50/50 tags then are less than 8% now and yes the upfront money is risky if u only want to make one trip out there. On the other hand the draw success is so low that u want as many species apps as u can afford providing interest for Nmdgf

Saw a few unit 51 when we hunted elk there. GW said it was the unit the turn loose the problem bears the come into towns.

It was pretty warm in the afternoon 80s and sunburn city. I did c the one I was after at 500 yards for about 10 seconds but only came home with memories. Blonde boar with black legs and black head. OUCH Had good time tho and saw some big bucks and bulls. Bulls were bugling pretty good for this early

Here is a Blonde with black head and legs.

1631647999313.png

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom