NM Bighorn

Seems every year I know someone that has drawn a tag. Not so this year. I remember when Phil drew desert one year and Rocky BH another year. Also when a friends wife and son drew in the same year. Last year a young lady I knew since she was a little kid and married a young man that I was lucky enough to help him take his first deer drew. They did it right. In fact everyone I know that has drawn have killed great rams. Got to mention Louie with his archery ram and Rod's daughter taking a great ram as well.

You're right, Paul. I got a message from someone in Las Vegas who's son drew a desert tag in the Caballos this year, but that's all I've heard about. Draw odds are miserable everywhere, but NM at least gives everyone a chance from the first year. I drew my desert tag after 3 years and the rocky tag 4 years later. I'll be 64 in a few months and there's no way I could draw a tag anywhere else. With the application fees for points and everything else, I'm glad I'm not in that game. I need a dall and a stone to complete my grand slam, but there's no way I can spend the $100K plus to get it done. Maybe I need to marry a rich widow! ???

You're right, Paul. I got a message from someone in Las Vegas who's son drew a desert tag in the Caballos this year, but that's all I've heard about. Draw odds are miserable everywhere, but NM at least gives everyone a chance from the first year. I drew my desert tag after 3 years and the rocky tag 4 years later. I'll be 64 in a few months and there's no way I could draw a tag anywhere else. With the application fees for points and everything else, I'm glad I'm not in that game. I need a dall and a stone to complete my grand slam, but there's no way I can spend the $100K plus to get it done. Maybe I need to marry a rich widow! ???
Rich widow is as good a tag strategy as any. LOL

Not an NM Bighorn, but just as good: I was the one lucky winner of the Epic Outdoors Raffle for a guided Dall Sheep hunt. I actually got on NMG&F and cancelled my apps for sheep and antelope as the dates conflicted. Then, when NM gave me all red I actually didn’t mind this year! T minus four weeks, lots of training and carrying my pack in the Sandias.

Not an NM Bighorn, but just as good: I was the one lucky winner of the Epic Outdoors Raffle for a guided Dall Sheep hunt. I actually got on NMG&F and cancelled my apps for sheep and antelope as the dates conflicted. Then, when NM gave me all red I actually didn’t mind this year! T minus four weeks, lots of training and carrying my pack in the Sandias.
Sent you a message coryb

So besides me there are only 23 other desert sheep tags what are the odds one of those guys sees this thread. ?

But yes I did get ultra lucky, I have a Caballos tag and Dec 1 can’t come soon enough

Congrats! I’ve helped in that unit a couple of times. Are u going with an outfitter or yourself?

Lucky! Congrats!!!

I get to help a buddy with his Unit 26 Desert. It's been at least 15 years since I was last in that unit, but I was fortunate enough to be able to snag one of this year's leftover archery deer tags for the same unit, so that will give me a chance to explore it a little. Still, if any of you in-the-know people would be willing to pm me some coordinates (either rams, bucks, or even billies) I'd be most grateful... :)

I get to help a buddy with his Unit 26 Desert. It's been at least 15 years since I was last in that unit, but I was fortunate enough to be able to snag one of this year's leftover archery deer tags for the same unit, so that will give me a chance to explore it a little. Still, if any of you in-the-know people would be willing to pm me some coordinates (either rams, bucks, or even billies) I'd be most grateful... :)
I had that sheep tag last year Ill PM you

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom