NM bugle report

Mike0426

Well boys, it’s the most wonderful time of the year! Was out in 17 this past weekend and didn’t hear a peep. I have an uncle up in the Chama area and he’s saying they are starting to talk early mornings for the last few days! 1st bugle of the season is always the best!

Down south, many of the bulls are still bachelored up or by themselves. There is some bugling, and some bulls hanging with cows loosely. Could change overnight though.

Was in 37 this weekend and bulls were screaming in the private. At least 10 different bulls. Some cow’s up some bachelored. I remember when the elk use to be like that pretty often.

How late into October do the bulls in the 16’s, (16e) bugle and rut? I’m trying to decide if calls are needed for mid October.

I am headed to unit 51 for 1st rifle season. I cant wait. I hope they are still active and rutting 1st of October.

How late into October do the bulls in the 16’s, (16e) bugle and rut? I’m trying to decide if calls are needed for mid October.
Bulls will bugle all the way into Nov. That said , its by no means bugling to look for or attract cows to breed , they simply bugle in communication . Not often though...But a hunter can at least hear them and get an idea they around and possible area ..As for the Oct time frame , bulls will still bugle further on into the month as second season estrus cows that were not successfully bred keep the game on. Best to ya , that's a tremendous hunt!!

Some bugling this morning, nothing tonight. Dealing with rain, and lots more forecasted
Making ya work for it haha...This cold air temps with the rains sure make it hard to sit in the office knowing the action can kick start any moment ..Good things come to those who wait , at least I tell myself this ....7 days , just 7 more days ...

Heard some guys talking about the 6's and they were going pretty good.
No elk tag for me this year so sad ?. Good luck to all
post em up ?
But I do have a deer tag.

55A Valle Vidal is just starting to talk. Spent the weekend and watched 4 bulls. All were different. One was very vocal but no cows. One spent an hour herding 10 cows but was quiet. Two small bulls jostled for a few minutes. All in all another good weekend.
EN

Crickets here in 23. Hard to even find an elk here. Maybe too stoned. Found this in the woods.

255B5531-8A86-4B51-B7BA-E1010EFD82F0.jpeg

Heard in 53 over the weekend they were getting started and lot of bugling at night. Saw one buddy that pulled a thick 6 for one of his hunters and he nailed it.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom