NM DRAW SUCCESS 6C and 36 Elk

Jasp_NM

I drew a muzzleloader tag for Elk in unit 6C. I have hunted it once before, however, did not harvest. I'm looking forward to another attempt. Also, my wife drew a cow elk rifle tag in unit 36. December 9-13. Looks like an amazing opportunity. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a good RV camp near unit 36? It's going to be cold. I'm taking my wife on her first draw. I'm looking for something comfortable. Thanks, Jasp_NM

Start searching camps / RV's for Ruidoso, Alto and Capitan. There's numerous ones on the road going north and south between these three towns. I don't know anything about them but they're abundant and looked great from the road.

In Ruidoso and Capitan you can also find lots of VRBO rentals that don't break the bank. My uncle and I stayed in a nice 2 bedroom trailer house last year with all you could ask for including a hot tub and BBQ pit for $124 per night.

Start searching camps / RV's for Ruidoso, Alto and Capitan. There's numerous ones on the road going north and south between these three towns. I don't know anything about them but they're abundant and looked great from the road.

In Ruidoso and Capitan you can also find lots of VRBO rentals that don't break the bank. My uncle and I stayed in a nice 2 bedroom trailer house last year with all you could ask for including a hot tub and BBQ pit for $124 per night.
Thank you! I'll start my search!

I booked a nice cabin near Ruidoso, Story Book Cabins. Thanks again for your input.

Good deal.

If you get into town early I highly recommend the Alto Cafe for breakfast and lunch. They're hours are a bit limited so if you hunt all day you'll miss them.

I also recommend the Oso Grill in Capitan for an amazing green chilli cheese burger.

I stayed there about 3 years ago. Fresh snow that morning had bear tracks in the parking lot leading to the big open field down the hill.
Nice! I don't see enough bears in my life. Amost always when I'm hunting deer or elk, but that's not often enough. My cabin is "Bear Watch," so perhaps it is mean't to be. I'm looking forward to Ruidoso, Unit 36. I'm sure I'll see bears in unit 6C, Jemez.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom