NM Protest Shooting

It would be interesting to see the whole altercation, from what I’ve seen, it seems like a girl brought a skateboard to a gun fight? Should have seen this outcome from a mile away! What caused the fight is my concern. If the guy in the blue shirt was attacked then I say good job on the shoot! He showed self restraint in not shooting anyone else, for which he should be commended! If he was the instigator he should be in jail! The worst part is we the general public will never know the true story! Sounds like he’s a cop’s kid so the media won’t give him a chance! Also it was hard to tell who was saying I’m going to kill you in that mess?

Is that a chain of toilet paper covered in tinfoil around the one guys neck? ????

Dual purpose... he can re-wipe if he does a poor job the first time or whip out the tinfoil when the left wing media elite starts reading his thoughts!

So it says he didn't appear to be part of the group and he was getting beat with a skateboard and punched by an angry mob? Don't know new Mexico's laws but I don't see the problem with his actions.

The guy was trying to keep them from defacing the statue. They went after him several times and said they should kill him........that's when the gun came out after he'd been assaulted and chased a few times......In many states he'd walk because they were attacking him as a group and said they should kill him...it's on tape on some forums...the moral of the story let them destroy anything that's not yours........now he's in jail and they're all free......time will tell..... he shot one of them in the altercation. Is it excessive force? If a group was assaulting you and threatening to kill you........you'd have a pretty good chance of self defense being ruled. in today's world they'll probably crucify him for interfering with an activist group's activities in progress..

See now we have conflicting accounts on this and in the other account no mention of others getting arrested as militia but those pictures show a different story......Some things don't add up unarmed protesters usually won't go after armed militia in any conflict. In the other story he ran from them and only pulled the gun after he'd been assaulted twice before......and no shots fired until they went after him......Interesting......

Last edited:
Like I said Boskee, it looks like a good shoot, but we will never know the truth! It’s been said that he’s the sheriffs son, if that’s the case he’s going away for murder! It’s a sad time we are living in!!

Like I said Boskee, it looks like a good shoot, but we will never know the truth! It’s been said that he’s the sheriffs son, if that’s the case he’s going away for murder! It’s a sad time we are living in!!
His dad worked for the sheriff's office 20 years ago.

Only an idiot would keep running back into a fired up crowd multiple times while trying to play enforcer. He also put physical hands on multiple women which only enflamed emotions. This was a foreseeable result. As you said above,

Should have seen this outcome from a mile away!

His dad worked for the sheriff's office 20 years ago.

Only an idiot would keep running back into a fired up crowd multiple times while trying to play enforcer. He also put physical hands on multiple women which only enflamed emotions. This was a foreseeable result. As you said above,
Exactly what video did you watch?!!!! He is going away from the crowd, even pepper sprayed them to try to stop them. Then they catch him and jump him, people start swinging weapons, although just typical liberal things like skate boards, and he shoots a guy swinging a weapon. If the mayor wasn’t a liberal p”$$? He wouldn’t be in jail. Using this for gun control, already said it. As they are swinging things at him, they are shouting that they are gonna kill him. You should stick to things you know, which obviously don’t include New Mexico’s self defense laws, video comprehension, and politics.

Agreed........with the above no good to come from trying to intervene.

Mossback, I'm not sure we have all the facts because those other guys getting arrested doesn't add up either. The article claims they were armed militia that protected him and they weren't on the video i saw either (like you),,,,,,,A crowd of activists isn't going to attack a group of armed guys so there's some things to sort out and they show them getting arrested (militia)...... I think he may have a good self defense claim but he's the one in jail.......and I'm sure there;s conflicting reports that have to be sorted out. It's a damn powder keg out there and if they don't get this defused all hells going to break loose at some point. You may be 100% correct and with what we saw i think you're right......but there's some loose ends here......that's all anyone is trying to say.

Last edited:
And the “women” he put physical hands on, the ones hitting him?! I guess he had time to see which person jumping him was male or female.

Exactly what video did you watch?
Go watch some of the other videos, there are a bunch of them.

Multiple times before he becomes a major part of the action he leaves the crowd, even crosses the street, paces back and forth and then re-enters the foray. He had many options to leave and kept jumping back into it.

In the video above at 1:12 he's out of it and at 1:40 a guy says, "hey man, you should stay out of there." He replies, "Fu*k off, man," and goes back in anyway.

And the “women” he put physical hands on, the ones hitting him?! I guess he had time to see which person jumping him was male or female.
Do you really think at 2:04 that the woman with his back to him that he threw down was "hitting" him and "jumping" him?

Bottom line is someone got shot, he's in jail, his buddies are arrested, and the statue is gone. Job well done!

right grizz.....he should have let them beat him to death.....you're a fool

he never showed the gun till he had to.

you call that illegal baiting??

right grizz.....he should have let them beat him to death.....you're a fool

he never showed the gun till he had to.
Absolute lie. The gun was plainly visible and called out by the protestors at the statue before any of this happened. It's like you've done no research whatsoever. It's plain to see. They even call him a "gun toter" on film.

Can you find one officer, sheriff, security consultant, CCW instructor, attorney, etc... that would've recommended he keep going back into that mosh pit with a loaded firearm? He threw gas on a fire. He got burned.

Heck, the other make-believe-police didn't get attacked. And they've said he's not part of their group. They're rejecting him. He's the outlier here.

One could argue that the guy that got shot brought it on himself with the longboard attack. That's a reasonable argument. I'm even open to the self-defense argument. But a reasonable person would also acknowledge the shooter was an idiot to do what he did, which is why the protestors were after him in the first place.

And now you've stooped to personal attacks of those you disagree. I guess you did put in writing that you never miss a chance to be a jerk. Keep it up.

Last edited:
To show a self defense justifiable shooting all he has to do is show that his actions were reasonable due to a fear of severe injury or death. If he verbally taunted the protesters has nothing to do with it as that is free speech.
What is going to help him, as stated in the above link, is the fact a undercover officer even stated the guy was pursued by a angry mob and he was struck by a board. The above link even stated the so called victim that got shot was in the act of swinging a board at the guys head when he was shot. If that is true, and can be shown by video or eye witness, pure case of justifiable self defense on his part.
Just because someone yells at you, or curses you, does not give you the right to chase him down and attempt to cause physical injury to that person no matter what Grizzly, our in house liberal thinks.

RELH

Just because someone yells at you, or curses you, does not give you the right to chase him down and attempt to cause physical injury to that person no matter what Grizzly, our in house liberal thinks.

I've already written I'm open to the self-defense argument from the shooter. But I stand by the statement that his actions preceding the attack and shooting were stupid.

You also may want to look into New Mexico's law on "imperfect self defense" which has exceptions if they feel the shooter did something to provoke the attack. The preceding video is not his friend there. Also, New Mexico's Castle Doctrine is very narrow outside of the home, and his repeatedly re-entering the fray is not going to help.

This may not be as simple as you all think. And, as I stated above, nobody wins here.

But it clearly makes some people feel better to attack those with whom they disagree. So sad. Hopefully their life improves for them in the future. There's a great big wonderful world out there for people who don't yearn to be a jerk all the time.

Last edited:
Exactly what video did you watch?!!!! He is going away from the crowd, even pepper sprayed them to try to stop them. Then they catch him and jump him, people start swinging weapons, although just typical liberal things like skate boards, and he shoots a guy swinging a weapon. If the mayor wasn’t a liberal p”$$? He wouldn’t be in jail. Using this for gun control, already said it. As they are swinging things at him, they are shouting that they are gonna kill him. You should stick to things you know, which obviously don’t include New Mexico’s self defense laws, video comprehension, and politics.

The list is long mossback.

I've contemplated myself the point of using a firearm for self defense. This fits into the situation where a firearm is warranted. Beat on my vehicle or get me fearing for my life and lead insurance will likely ensue.

Go watch some of the other videos, there are a bunch of them.

Multiple times before he becomes a major part of the action he leaves the crowd, even crosses the street, paces back and forth and then re-enters the foray. He had many options to leave and kept jumping back into it.

In the video above at 1:12 he's out of it and at 1:40 a guy says, "hey man, you should stay out of there." He replies, "Fu*k off, man," and goes back in anyway.
I’ve watched all the videos. I’m from New Mexico, so this has been all over our news. He has every right to be there to protect the statue, just like the protestors. He doesn’t get physical with any of them until they do him. The protestors got their way due to our liberal governor, and liberal mayor. He will get off on it in self defense. The last video you posted shows exactly what I’m talking about. So, his defense lawyer will have an easy time with a competent judge. Problem is, he will get thrown in front of a liberal judge and hand picked jury. I can almost guarantee there will be all liberals in his jury. This state, along with almost every liberal state has gone to ****. It’s sad to watch, really. A guy getting jumped and hit with weapons is not given the right to protect himself.

Mossback50cal, a good defense lawyer will weed out the liberal jury members during jury selection. The defense has more leeway on excusing jury members then the prosecution.

RELH

What difference does it make if he “renters the fray”?

Is there a law in NM that says only protesters and Vandals are allowed freedom of movement?

The “fray” had every chance to move on, as you stated he gave them numerous chances, even crossing the street.

Had the vandals,which is illegal, been arrested, perhaps this doesn’t happen? Start from the beginning. Protesting ends when riots, looting, vandalizing start. The police not enforcing the law lead to increased lawlessness. It’s the “broken window” theory just accelerated.

But it’s asinine to try and say he as a counter protester has more of a responsibility to leave than the protester does.

As the libs deball the police, and they retract out of fear, we will start to see more and more of these shootings.

It’s true, but good luck finding that in the al
Mossback50cal, a good defense lawyer will weed out the liberal jury members during jury selection. The defense has more leeway on excusing jury members then the prosecution.

RELH
True, but good luck finding that in the Albuquerque/ Santa Fe area.

when you villianize the police they will back off. these democrat governors and mayors encourage these "protestors" and claim they're peaceful when clearly they aren't. they defend the left wing idiots but now we're seeing the right wing extremists showing up and they don't like it. the idiot mayor is defending the "protestor". all are at fault. it's going to get worse because the far right is getting fed up with this and since the government won't do anything to stop it they figure they will. and the right is typically much better armed. unfortunately they are going to play right into the hands of the left by acting out with guns. now the left will have a bigger claim to ban guns.

27739774-FF27-4865-BD23-6F664552F569.jpeg

Well he's going to experience first hand the I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by seven slogan. The more that comes out his case gets stronger and shows how easily the agitated protesters think they can go after folks that disagree with their action...... The "New Empowered Protesting" has created hundreds of millions in damage and hundreds of assaults to be committed on innocent people and cops and more than a few murders.......Hmmm.......seems the peaceful part isn't a factor as this thing progresses........WHY? Who's firing up the protesters to the point of violence? These acts are anarchy in it's purest sense.......

Maybe a little more clarity on this. On another thread the militia members were removed hours before the actual firearms altercation ensued...... So now we may have a little twisting by the media to slant the events........Hmmmm

Mossback, shame on you. Grizzly says Baca was the bad guy who overacted. Oh that is right, a bent wrist liberal would slant the story to deflect from the real facts. Grizzly needs to drink some more of his Crown Royal.
RELH

Mossback, shame on you. Grizzly says Baca was the bad guy who overacted. Oh that is right, a bent wrist liberal would slant the story to deflect from the real facts. Grizzly needs to drink some more of his Crown Royal.
RELH
Exactly. I love the whole “unidentified object”. Have to be slow to not realize it’s a knife.

Well he's going to experience first hand the I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by seven slogan. The more that comes out his case gets stronger and shows how easily the agitated protesters think they can go after folks that disagree with their action...... The "New Empowered Protesting" has created hundreds of millions in damage and hundreds of assaults to be committed on innocent people and cops and more than a few murders.......Hmmm.......seems the peaceful part isn't a factor as this thing progresses........WHY? Who's firing up the protesters to the point of violence? These acts are anarchy in it's purest sense.......

seven???...never seen that...one side heavier than the other??

I think it is 50/50 if he can use self defense. If watching the 30 second video of him getting beat up and the guy pulls a knife, no question its self defense.

What will be argued is that someone carrying a gun should be held to a higher standard to avoid situations where it is reasonable to assume that a confrontation could take place. It will also be considered did him having a gun cause him to engage in situation that a reasonable person not having a gun would have left. The fact that he left and came back is not good. Im also not sure he has a right to protect public property but I dont know NM law on that.

Bottom line, given the current climate he needs a good lawyer.

I would not be surprised that all charges will be dropped against him in the near future. The idiots that pursued him have disappeared and will avoid being found to testify in the behalf of their idiot friend that was shot.
That leaves the majority of the evidence supporting the guy's self defense claim. His arrest may have been political to soothe the anger of the protesting idiots and once they are gone, charges may be dropped quietly. He may have a good civil case for a false arrest and collect some money for himself and a good shyster representing him.
RELH

In my example the guy was a little heavier and they needed some help////LOL OK I forgot to take my prevagen.......Damn Homer you're getting tough!!! ;^)

seven???...never seen that...one side heavier than the other??
I helped carry a big guy once. We had 8 and I thought the handles were going to come off. Without handles, its not going anywhere unless.......well you can imagine.

I would not be surprised that all charges will be dropped against him in the near future. The idiots that pursued him have disappeared and will avoid being found to testify in the behalf of their idiot friend that was shot.
That leaves the majority of the evidence supporting the guy's self defense claim. His arrest may have been political to soothe the anger of the protesting idiots and once they are gone, charges may be dropped quietly. He may have a good civil case for a false arrest and collect some money for himself and a good shyster representing him.
RELH

I think they dropped the charges this afternoon, clearly self defense.
But will cause more idiots to riot.

I can assure you there is no way this guy is getting convicted by a jury watch and see. He had as much right to be there and protest whatever he wanted just like the others in the crowd.

Totally justified IMO. Was it smart to go back into the angry crowd? No it wasn't but, it also isn't illegal to do so. Bottom line the idiots brought a knife to a gunfight and we all know how that ends right. Maybe those punks will use a little common sense next time they decide it's okay to assault someone. Bunch of p...ies started running and screaming like the brats they are after someone fought back didn't they?

Any decent lawyer worth anything is going to eat this case alive and better yet it's on video. Lol

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom