NM SHED PICS???

Been out shed hunting only once and my 9 year old found a small fresh 5x elk shed with a couple of broken tines.

Other than than been fishing up at ute lake and working.

Paul from Weed

How's this for a start?

4643f17a326a5b71.jpg

4643f19e3286ad36.jpg

4643f1d532a86d0b.jpg

4643f1ff32d1307c.jpg

LAST EDITED ON May-10-07 AT 10:58PM (MST)[p]Or these?
This is the same as the last one in the last post, closer up.

4643f55939fda88e.jpg

4643f5b53ab38fdb.jpg

Here's a realy strange looking four that broke off.

4643f7e24137dcc8.jpg

Another view of the same one.
4643f7283e0d67d8.jpg

4643f87443caad3f.jpg

4643f8e644d2a3a2.jpg

Littlemonster found this one

4643f92645d29225.jpg

And the best so far for last. Check out the freaky thirds. I'm looking for this guys daddy's sheds. They are still out there and I will find them!

4643f95b485564fa.jpg

Great pics.

Me and my 9 year old got out this weekend finally. We are in unit 34 and they get picked over pretty good by turkey hunters

Just so you know. I can find deer sheds like crazy but finding a elk shed for me is a big deal

This in mind we went to an area that should have been exclusively elk.

You got it.

We found a 4x4 deer shed with a sticker both sides and fresh.

We found a heavy 3point that was a year old.

And my son found a spike bull winter kill skull.

Sorry i aint to swift on posting pics.

Paul,
I am in 34, too. My 4 year old and I gp pretty often, but not to much luck hiking with a four year old.

We will have to get together one of these weekends...

DC

Let me know.

I am in Weed and I have older kids but my youngest is 9 and everything is a blast with him right now.

DC let me know how you do in the draws.

We also do a little pig hunting up here as well.

Vini, the pic makes that buck look bigger than really is. 24.5" wide but nicely heavy.

Shot it on my property during late archery season.

Went out first time for hogs sunday with my youngest son. Saw sign but no hogs.

There are not alot of hogs and it is mostly just good excercise and something fun to do.

We spotted 2 coyotes up the draw and they walked to within 40 yards of us and my son missed. We watched them coming up for about 90 seconds and i told him it was his shot and if oppurtunity arose i would try to hit the 2nd dog.

He missed a real easy shot and we both sat there about 10 minutes not saying anything afterward. He knows he needs to practice more.

We plan on getting after them a little more this summer.

Plan on spending some time up at ute lake fishing as well.

Vini if you come up some weekend or evening maybe we can do a little hog hunting. How far do you live from here?

24.5" is a good one! with bow!

I live in La Cienega..15 miles from santa fe...will take me 4 hours to get your area...I hunt Nogal canyon before and saw alot of signs but no hogs...dang...

will let you know if we are in your area....

vinihunt

I am also in 34 and I really don't think the turkey hunters had anything to do with it. I have been looking since mid march and not too much luck yet. I think they must be on those south facing slopes that are infested with shinnery because I have been everywhere else. Now it gets hard...

the guys that i know that find the most sheds are the UPS driver and a PVT guy.

They are on the road all day and last year the PVT guy found 31.

Now don't that just figure!!! I've logged close to 100 miles on those ridges and have 11 old ones to show for it! Oh well. Paul, I sent you a pm.

I used to live in Mayhill. Used to work for the Forest Service there as the Superintendent of the hotshot crew in Sacramento. I still have some property there. Haven't been able to get down that way for over a year now. I've been wanting to go look for horns and turkey hunt this spring, however my new job in Albuquerque had me pretty busy. I know quite a bit of that country down there around sixteen springs, mayhill, elk canyon, sacramento, weed and pinion draw. Over the years I've found quite a few sheds. Lots of good country to find horns. I need to get down that way and check my old spots. Good luck to all in the draw. Unit 34 is usually my first choice for elk.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom