NM valley Vidal youth

hayden3006

Anyone have any recent pictures of their bulls from the Valley Vidal unit. My son drew the tag this year. He is 13 and is exited for his hunt.

VV1.JPG
vv3.JPG

Bone dry up there. Rain has been missing it. Worst I've seen it in several years. Hopefully it rains soon!

Toro! You sure know how to knock down the good ones partner! Valle vidal is sure beautiful, great opportunity unit , that there is one of the best bulls I've seen in a long time from there??

Toro! You sure know how to knock down the good ones partner! Valle vidal is sure beautiful, great opportunity unit , that there is one of the best bulls I've seen in a long time from there??
Gracias BUGLE! I've been lucky to get into them as often as I have...

Looks like rain is finally coming. I was lucky enough to draw the single nonresident unguided muzzy tag this October. Hope to make it out at the end of this month to do some scouting and get familiar with the lay of the land. Maybe even do a little fishing? Always interested in hearing from previous hunters and their experiences or recommendations. Would others recommend buying a bear tag if the quota has not been met?

Toro, that's a great bull your daughter got and the picture reminds me that I need to really get cranking on the elliptical in order to build up my lungs.
Good Hunting everybody!

Looks like rain is finally coming. I was lucky enough to draw the single nonresident unguided muzzy tag this October. Hope to make it out at the end of this month to do some scouting and get familiar with the lay of the land. Maybe even do a little fishing? Always interested in hearing from previous hunters and their experiences or recommendations. Would others recommend buying a bear tag if the quota has not been met?

Toro, that's a great bull your daughter got and the picture reminds me that I need to really get cranking on the elliptical in order to build up my lungs.
Good Hunting everybody!
Awesome congratulations. Good luck in your hunt keep us updated like to hear how your hunt turns out!

Good luck on your hunt. Drought here too. Lots of elk avoiding hunters in this heat. Just went scouting today and was able to locate two drinkers unmarked by OnX maps. Lots of critters!!

Valle Vidal is the driest I've seen it in my life! Elk numbers are down...not sure if elk have just moved to somewhere with more water. Didnt see near the number of elk we usually do

Valle Vidal is the driest I've seen it in my life! Elk numbers are down...not sure if elk have just moved to somewhere with more water. Didnt see near the number of elk we usually do
Not what I would like to hear. We will give it all we got and hopefully find a good one. Thanks for the reply

Find the water that is far from any road. Do Goggle earth and Onxmaps hope you can find water because they have drink everyday in this type of weather.
Another trick is to go out late at night to top of canyons and bugle and see if you hear them bugle back if they do that is one you want to be sitting in come daylight.
Used it alot in unit 51 on 1st rifle hunt in Oct back in the day when us NR could draw a tag. LOL
Good luck

Going out late at night to bugle and see if you hear one usually isn't something you have to do in VV when they are vocal.

The timeframe this youth hunt is in, you hunt these bulls like you would normally do post-rut.

Spent last weekend up in the VV and Tega is 100% spot on, the VV is very dry. We heard zero bugles night or day, doesn't mean they aren't bugling but they sure weren't when I was there. There was definitely a different feel to it this year. We saw a nice herd with a good herd bull and a few rags a few ridges north of Chuck wagon but couldn't get on them with the winds. Good Luck, we left them ALL up there for your kiddo to choose from!! Hope they knock down a monster!! Good Luck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom