NM youth deer hunt

peez3006

Hey guys. I'm looking for a little advice. My ten year old twins just passed their hunters education course here in CA. I'm applying them for antelope and deer hunts. I'm dialed in on the antelope hunt, but I'm unsure about the deer. I'm going to apply them for units 4, and 5b for the first two choices. Does anyone have any good advice for a third choice with better odds of drawing. It doesn't need to be a trophy unit. I would just like a hunt where they will see deer and have a chance at a buck. Also one that isn't too physical. I want them to work, but don't want to kill them! I like the odds of drawing 17, but know nothing about the country. Thanks!

Don P.

I hunt 17 during ML season when I can draw. Real good hunt.
Youth rifle should be even better.

In my opinion the youth hunt in 23, burro mountain portion, would be my choice. Unit has some big bucks, but the numbers are good too. Maybe not as big as the other units you mentioned.

Jeff

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, weapon in one hand, calls in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom