No AMERICAN Flags in Schools

huntFX4

After getting a chance to watch a little news, I was completely disgusted to see that the schools in the area where I'm stationed in California have banned American Flags in some of the schools!!! Then I hear this is not the first, that schools in Colorado, Texas, and possibly New York and others did the same thing. What the hell is our education coming to when they ban the symbol of our country that so many men and women have died protecting!?!?!!!
Do they forget that it is what this flag symbolizes that causes so many to flock to our country whether legally or illegally? I find this totally absurd and dispicable! I have told my wife to send our boys to school with the shirts they own that proudly display the American Flag. No school is going to tell my family they cannot be proud of being an American!!
This is the ONLY flag that should be flown in this country. I have no problem with people being proud of their heritage. I hope that they are.
This all started b/c of the Congress and Senate trying to criminalize illegals.But when you live in America, be proud to be American!! If you aren't, then go back wherever it is you came from be it Mexico, China, Africa, Germany, wherever. But the flag and your country of origin do not belong with the fact that you are AMERICAN.
I have many friends who come from Mexico and ancestral background from Africa. Many of them completely agree. Now the libs will come back at me and call me a racist, but then thats the attack that libs come up with whenever you speak against illegals. Before you go saying it's the republicans that are the problem with this situation, it was the libs that started it by not allowing the law enforcement to do it's job and deport the illegals. It all started with the dems coming up with this "feel good about being bad" politically correct crap.

Sorry I am rambling now, but this stuff ticks me off. I haven't been serving my country for over 20 years to have my country's education system piss all over the flag I fight for.

Settle down there fella. I have not seen anything that specifically bans the American flag. What I did see was the banning of students bringing ANY flag to school. The bans were put in place to stop the Mexican flags from being brought to school. They included all flags to avoid confrontation. Also, they did not take down the American flag at the schools. If I see anything to the contrary of what I have seen so far, I'll change my tune. Till then, I guess I don't see the big deal.

This is a major reason I dislike government. What does it mean to be free? How did we achive this great blessing? Because brave people sacrificed their lives for a purpose. Now the government is slapping them in the face and changing what we stand for. Why do we put up with it? I think some day we'll say "I miss America" because we didn't say "God bless America".

Yeah it's a crying shame and a disgrace. They are just banning the clothing though - Old Glory will still wave and should wave at every school. I think that all schools should go to making kids wears uniforms like private schools IMO.
ROY

>Settle down there fella. I have
>not seen anything that specifically
>bans the American flag. What
>I did see was the
>banning of students bringing ANY
>flag to school. The bans
>were put in place to
>stop the Mexican flags from
>being brought to school. They
>included all flags to avoid
>confrontation. Also, they did not
>take down the American flag
>at the schools. If I
>see anything to the contrary
>of what I have seen
>so far, I'll change my
>tune. Till then, I guess
>I don't see the big
>deal.

Well MN, here's a quote from FoxNews' John Gibson's story on it.

So Hispanic teachers are urging kids to get out there and demonstrate, and American administrators are telling kids "No American flags."

The fact that even to say all flags are banned is wrong. This IS America and our flag should NEVER be banned from the schools. What tune you gonna play now?

Same tune. Find an example of a school banning only the American flag and I'll sing the Battle Hymn of the Republic. Eveything I've read says that ALL flags were banned because of disturbances.

The American flag is our symbol of freedom and peace. It's a tribute to all people who have and still are serving this country. It should be flying at all schools no matter what the idiot school board members think. Any school board member that thinks the flag should be taken down for ANY REASON should be fired and charged with treason. This is America and it's time us Americans stand up and be counted. Any freaking foreigner or illegal imagrant that doesn't like it get the hell out and go back to your stinking country. I don't care if you fly your flags at your home but it better be just below THE AMERICAN FLAG!!!!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-06-06 AT 11:51AM (MST)[p]Received this crap this morning from my cousin who served during the Korean War and I was in VN. It's not only the politicians but these liberal school teachers that insight these students to protest.
March 28, 2006:

Students protest in Whittier area.

Students from Pioneer, California and Whittier high schools walked out of classes to protest the proposed Federal immigration bill March 27, 2006.

The protestors raised the Mexican flag over the American flag and had the American flag flying upside down at Montebello High.

(Leo Jarzomb/Staff photo)

4435544416c7a4aa.jpg

4435550f1914cf8b.jpg

I think that buses should show up to give them folks a free ride back to Mexico if that is the way they feel

I don't have a problem with protests and having pride in your roots, but it is pretty stupid to insult a country that has given you so much. It's unfortunate that kids today have so little respect. Whoever belongs to the administration of that school should have never let that happen. It's dissappointing that they would let something so stupid happen at a public school. I would guess a lot of those kids have never even lived in Mexico. Maybe someone should bus them to the slums in Tijuana or Mexico City and leave them for a few weeks so they can see how lucky they are to be in such a great country.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-06-06 AT 04:43PM (MST)[p]That picture makes me sick!!!

What a disgrace, I can't believe the local people would let that happen. I guarantee those ignorant mexicans wouldn't be all smiles around here if they tried that. They would be on the wrong side of a butt kickin.

I better stop before I say something I will regret.

Wow! I agree with you guys that is a disgrace and shouldn't be allowed. I would think that the administration of this school and state legislator should look into this an apply appropriate punishment for this action. I guess they probably don't teach flag etiquette in California like is required in some states, because this sure breaks the line.

This is what our local liberal high school administrators did when nearly 200 mexicans walked off of our closed campus.....NOTHING! They didn't want to start a frenzy between the mexicans and the white rednecks! They were concerned about the possiblity of conflict. Sh!t... Needless to say most of the rednecks and many of the legal latinos are pizzed because this is not what would happen to them if they just walked off the campus. They would be suspended!!!! Ofcourse, now we have more friction than ever.
Now, to really pizz you off...alot of the mexicans came back to the school at noon so they could get their free lunches!!!

You can call me a racist because I used the "M" word, but let me tell you that I will call them Mexicans instead of hispanics or latinos until they appreciate the sacrifices that we have made for them. Send them back and start all over like my secretary did when she imigrated from Ireland 25 years ago.

WHEN kingfish IS FIRED UP IT'S SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!

I'LL FLY MY FLAG WHERE I PLEASE!!!

THE MEXICANS CAN HEAD SOUTH IF THEY DON'T LIKE IT!!!

I'VE BEEN CALLED A RACIST!!!

THATS O.K.!!!

I'D SEND 11 MILLION PEOPLE BACK TO THEIR OWN COUNTRY SO QUICK THEY'D WONDER WHAT HAPPENED TO 70% OF THE CRIME WITHIN TWO DAYS!!!

THE ONLY bobcat FLYING A RED,WHITE & BLUE FLAG!!!

Bess, I'm with you baby!!!! This is America and it's the way it is because thousands of Americans died for it...If your going to live here follow our culture, Speak our language "WELL", OBEY our laws, respect our traditions, etc...I'm not PC, I'M AMERICAN!!!!. Like we use to say in the 60's LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT. Burn my flag, I kick your ......!!!

BURN MY FLAG,I'LL KICK YOUR ASS!!!

IT'S KINDA SAD THAT MOST AMERICANS FORGOT HOW WE EARNED OUR FREEDOM!!!

THAT OR THEY ARE TO YOUNG & ARROGANT TO HAVE EVER KNOWN OR CARED!!!

THE ONLY bobcat HOLDING A GUN IN ONE HAND & AN AMERICAN FLAG IN THE OTHER!!!

I guarantee you that if the mexicans tried that crap at our school, there'd be some serious asskicken going around. That pisses me off.

Michael~All Gods creatures welcome... right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.

Howdy,

This is in the same general area that you folks are discussing so eloquently. I think Theodore Roosevelt got this exactly right. Notice that he added the phrase... "only one flag..." somewhere in here.

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided
allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Coach Hunt,
Thanks for that! I think Teddy sumed it up pretty well, now if this current generation will take heed.

McKinney aka Hiker
Proverbs 3:5-6

Thanks Coach, I love that speech. If only the majority of teachers felt the same way and would stop pushing their liberal thoughts on all our children. I know of teachers who are conservative, but don't like to say much, because they get looked down upon. Our children would be much better off I believe with more people like you in our schools.
I whole heartedly agree that immigration is good for the country but do it legally and be loyal to the country of America, land of the free.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom