No birds(waterfowl) in central valley yet!

blktljunkie

The klamath basin had a huge botulism outbreak which isn't helping but we're slowly seeing a few more birds, this weather should help. Good luck to everyone

Skykarp

About 15-20 days ago we started getting honkers stream in very consistently. I would say they were on time for their migration. Been putting the wood to them since. We had a pile of ducks migrate in in the middle on November then disappear which was odd.

It looks like SLC is getting ready to get a good blast so I wouldn't lose hope yet.

eelgrass

Long Time Member
For the 3 of us, the total so far this season is 107 Aleutians and about 25 ducks. The birds seemed to have moved south for now. We got skunked yesterday.

cacklercrazy

You just jinxed yourself
Been a bad year so far,but got a little love on Thursday. Took my oldest daughter and my cousin hunting in a honey hole we usually save for 1 special day.

20210107_130252.jpg

newguy

We wrapped up our season yesterday. Ended up being the worst year we have had in the twenty years we have been hunting the delta. Just did not see very many ducks at all. I hope some of you guys had better luck.

Mark

cacklercrazy

We wrapped up our season yesterday. Ended up being the worst year we have had in the twenty years we have been hunting the delta. Just did not see very many ducks at all. I hope some of you guys had better luck.

Mark
No it was a bad year
We got into some geese to keep it from being a complete disaster.

eelgrass

Long Time Member
Eel
what do those Brant taste like are they good to eat?
Brant are the best tasting of all the waterfowl, IMO. They are strictly an ocean bird feeding mainly on eelgrass in bays and estuaries. They only showed up for a couple days here this year and I missed it. We used to have a late season that ran until about Feb. 20th when they were migrating back north. I killed 60 one year. The limit was 4/day back then.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Top Bottom