No gun range to minors

You are kidding right? My kid needs some range time to get ready for the upcoming hunting season...just keeps getting better and better in Ca...

(4) “Firearm industry member” means any of the following:
(A) A person, firm, corporation, company, partnership, society, joint stock company, or any other entity or association engaged in the manufacture, distribution, importation, marketing, wholesale, or retail sale of firearm-related products.
(B) A person, firm, corporation, company, partnership, society, joint stock company, or any other entity or association formed for the express purpose of promoting, encouraging, or advocating for the purchase, use, or ownership of firearm-related products that does one of the following:
(i) Advertises firearm-related products.
(ii) Advertises events where firearm-related products are sold or used.
(iii) Endorses specific firearm-related products.
(iv) Sponsors or otherwise promotes events at which firearm-related products are sold or used.

So I can't take my grandsons who hold valid CA hunting licenses or any other kids into Bass Pro or Sportsman's Warehouse?
How is CA going to do hunter Ed classes?

So I can't take my grandsons who hold valid CA hunting licenses or any other kids into Bass Pro or Sportsman's Warehouse?
How is CA going to do hunter Ed classes?
Yes you can and should. This law is BS, and won't do any good. It targets people/companies that advertise specifically to minors. An advertisement for a shotgun with a scene of a guy duck hunting is perfectly legal under this law...but an advertisement with a Minion character using new ammo by Federal wouldn't be legal. I'm sure it will be challenged so make sure your membership to CRPA and NRA is current.

The never ending joy of living in CA....?

There is a lot going on to push back against this I’ll conceived new law. Can’t say everything as some of the most important work is being done quietly, behind the scenes. And, the NRA is leading a lawsuit on this also. There is going to be a big effort to get this over turned or weakened. Best advice I can give is support California Waterfowl Association as they’re doing some of the heavy lifting on this.

Per message from CDFW's chief, it won't affect Hunter Ed instructors. I pushed back for a training on the new law or at minimum, a Q&A session because on that same message, they expect us to act in accordance to the law.

Yeah, leave it up to a thousand people to interpret... :mad:

Daughter is a counselor at KOSA
(Kids Outdoor Sports Camp). They teach kids gun and outdoors safety, archery, shotgun and rifle shooting, about wildlife, fishing etc. This will drastically effect them in the future. Hope this gets straightened out soon.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom