No hunting

I wish you well Joe. You will have a lot of atrophy but just have to slowly get back in shape. I have had cancer twice- (Thyroidectomy, Prostectomy) rebuilt Acronium/Clavicle in shoulder, one big Lipoma removal, Inspire surgery to treat Sleep Apnea, Gall Bladder Removal, Neuroma between two toes removed, Bone Cement in two Thoracic vertebrae , and a plate and a cage in my neck from an ATV accident etc.
It has slowed me down from being in shape many years so I didn't hunt like I should have. Now I have a tag with a chance for a big buck and have lost 11 lbs of the 35 I need to this year.
You got this big guy !
One thing I only took pain meds immediately after surgeries and didn't get refills or seek them for long term at a pain clinic. One Aleve and two Tylenol a time or two every week and the rest of the time I suck it up and smile. What you are going through now is tenfold of any single of my surgeries though.
Nice to see your post op smile Joe ! Be careful and follow physical therapy to a T.
Thanks Deer. All I can say is you are one tough rascal!
God Bless you and yours

I'm still hoping you make it up to SD I need a guy standing or sitting at end of the sloughes and cornfields.
Just get well that invite is open for ya anytime or until I kick the bucket LOL.
Thats still the game plan Gator! I told that scheduling nurse “Maam I‘ve missed 3 or 4 or 4 or 5 hunting seasons in a row, can you push my surgery back until the right one is 100% then push it back some more if needed so I can do just a little hunting? She said no problem since I’m in the rotation she can just keep moving people up in line which will make them happy and making me happy as well. I think to took almost a year to get my Right hip surgery. It took 4 months or a little more just to get in to see Dr Colhisy then a good 7 months waiting in line to have surgery! I don’t want to get pushed to the back of the line for sure! LOL!

No hunting for me this season
Finally went to see a PA for a spine surgeon at Washington U in St. Louis Mo
1) Cervical Stenosis
2) Herniated Disks in the Lumber Region
3) Lumbar Stenosis
This started last May and it caused me to have trouble walking, numbness, loss of strength in legs etc
Then a week are so after that I started getting numbness in my upper torso and loss of strength in arms etc.
So anyway the PA said “yeah you should have came right away when this started” then I said “just put it back how it was before last May“!
So the surgeon office said I will have to wait till November or December for an appointment. Well I got put in the front of the line I guess. The PA asked what Surgeon I wanted, I said Dr Buchowski she said ok, then I said he‘s the best right
“well he’s my boss she says! So that’s good right?! LOL! Then she said something about two weeks, so I assume that means I’ll see him in a couple week then schedule surgery, something else I just found out Cervical Stenosis It causes problems with breathing so that Sucks! I noticed all last night I keep waking up out of breathe. Crazy Stuff. As long as it gets fixed I cool!

Your Friend
Joe
Glad you are getting the help you need Joe. When you have numbness, you for sure want to take pressure off the nerve or disc. Good luck with surgery and healing.

Joe, I’ve missed all this from the start. Just not been on the forums as often, and don’t look in the General category. But wishing you the best now. Keep your chin up. Many here rooting for you. I just got news in June my heart is failing. Likely making a pit stop for defibrillator to replace pacemaker very soon. We would make one sorry backpack hunting party!

Last edited:
Here’s new films that show almost double space width from 11.3 mm -22.1 mm. I work in inches so that’s close to 7/16” - 7/8” which shouldn’t be and I just don’t see how PT can help that!
If you all know anything about this problem let me know please!

IMG_7795.jpeg

IMG_7794.jpeg

IMG_7793.jpeg

IMG_7796.jpeg

IMG_7791.jpeg

IMG_7790.jpeg

The second film I think shows 5/16/23 of 11.3 mm is just a couple of hrs after surgery the other shows 7/10/23 22.1 mm

Remember back in 1995 when wolves were reintroduced into YNP? The pro wolf people said "stop with the conspiracy theories!"

Dam now that’s a long scar not exactly what I was expecting. I don’t know if I said anything but the revision surgery only lasted a couple of days and had to have a third surgery. I ended up getting what is known as PODS Post Operative Delirium Syndrome that was terrible

IMG_1735.jpeg

You fairing ok Joe? Quite the ordeal here!
Not really! We have one of the top hip surgeons in the states and my surgeries go South. Not one, not two, but three total hip replacement surgeries within five months and the last ones within a month. It was very taxing on my mind along with the physical part. That PODS was scary as F$CK! Sorry for the language but that is the only word that can give it the full credit it deserves!
Good thing: Mrs Sikora and I celebrated our 27th anniversary yesterday which is awesome!

How is everyone else doing?

Something I forgot to add. Kris find out from the Nurse Practitioner if you have problems sleeping restless legs etc, try this supplement. I can almost sleep all night without getting up with that severe restlessness. Give it a try. Mrs Sikora brother tried it and had the same results

IMG_1737.jpeg

Last edited:
Well chit, let's pray you get a speedy recovery! We have a several duck hunts coming up around Delta, Co. in December. We are trying something different by doing a lease. Hopefully this pays off. My boys and I will hopefully be watching couple of our labs have some field fun! Should be a great time!

Well chit, let's pray you get a speedy recovery! We have a several duck hunts coming up around Delta, Co. in December. We are trying something different by doing a lease. Hopefully this pays off. My boys and I will hopefully be watching couple of our labs have some field fun! Should be a great time!
You know we hunted Monsantos Duck Hunting Club in Stutgart Arkansas which is flooded timber. That area leases blinds etc.
I’m afraid of even mentioning going hunting because when I do I have another health issue

New X-Ray of third hip replacement surgery this one was done the 27th of November I think. That causes me not to pheasant hunt when I’m in the hospital for the third time. Maybe one day or maybe not

IMG_1767.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom