No more Bass Pro merger???

W:giggle:hen the wife and I would drive over to Reno, NV. I would always stop at the Cabelas in Boomtown. Not any more since Bass Pro took over. We are getting a new Sportsman Warehouse store 5 miles from our home.
RELH

So BassPro wants to buy sportsmans warehouse but they can't afford or honor the original warranty Cabelas had on their brand. Cheap mothers.

Cabelas is awful anymore. Customer service sucks.

Cabela's customer service may be bad or very bad in some stores, but this summer I experienced some of the best customer service I have ever seen at any retail store at the Cabela's in Billings, MT.

The three ladies I interacted with over a two month period were superb.

ClearCreek

In Farmington, Utah store I would drop in every so often watching the gun library. Enough that the buyer and I would talk.

Bass Pro bought them, and ALL the senior staff was let go, and they brought in there own.

They are next to worthless now.

We drove from Utah to Sydney once just to see a Cabela's.

Now I drive past the one by my house.

Pretty sad

I don't shop in Cabellas any more since they switched to Bass. The quality of their clothing is CRAP, and their customer service is terrible!!
I have $1,200 in Cabela's points I need to spend ASAP. As soon as I do I'm ditching their credit card. They've changed over all and have nothing I need or want.

In Farmington, Utah store I would drop in every so often watching the gun library. Enough that the buyer and I would talk.

Bass Pro bought them, and ALL the senior staff was let go, and they brought in there own.

They are next to worthless now.

We drove from Utah to Sydney once just to see a Cabela's.

Now I drive past the one by my house.

Pretty sad
Yep. Use to go out of way in other states to go the the Cabela's to see them. Not anymore. Very rarely go to the one 7 miles from home that I drive by twice a day.

I'm glad it didn't work out... I prefer competition between companies rather than the biggest company just buying out their competitors and then everyone only has access to their services and products. I wish they could take back the Cabela's merger too...

The article credits the directives of Joe Biden for stopping the merger and trying to increase competition in the marketplace. Trump seemed to be about consolidation and larger companies taking over.

Now I’m really confused…

I wasn’t much of a cabelas fan, hardly shopped there at all but I’ve never stepped foot in their store since they became Bass Bro Shop.

The article credits the directives of Joe Biden for stopping the merger and trying to increase competition in the marketplace. Trump seemed to be about consolidation and larger companies taking over.

Now I’m really confused…
I am dumbfounded that THIS is what our government is worried about.

Brandon didn’t do this because he’s fond of sportsmen. What else could it be?

I wasn’t much of a cabelas fan, hardly shopped there at all but I’ve never stepped foot in their store since they became Bass Bro Shop.
Cabelas had great service and their Outfitter boots were great. Over a 10 year period, I had the same boots replaced and no charge because the stiching came apart. I was rough on them though, wasn't even their fault. That won't happen anymore.

even better, bucketmouth, would be a boot that doesn't fall apart! I did this with some redhead insulated boots for a few years when i was more into saving money than needing a top quality boot. that won't cut it anymore...

i still stop at cabela's in kansas city to see the Mule Deer Country exhibit. the world record typical and many other beautiful trophy mule deer in a huge exhibit. worth the stop if you are around there. right after some Gates' bbq, ideally!

I am dumbfounded that THIS is what our government is worried about.

Brandon didn’t do this because he’s fond of sportsmen. What else could it be?
From a Bloomberg article:

"The merger is the latest casualty after President Joe Biden in July signed an executive order calling on regulators to take steps to boost competition in the industries they oversee. The president has blamed unchecked consolidation for harming consumers, workers and small businesses."

even better, bucketmouth, would be a boot that doesn't fall apart! I did this with some redhead insulated boots for a few years when i was more into saving money than needing a top quality boot. that won't cut it anymore...
i still stop at cabela's in kansas city to see the Mule Deer Country exhibit. the world record typical and many other beautiful trophy mule deer in a huge exhibit. worth the stop if you are around there. right after some Gates' bbq, ideally!

Attachments

• 20160530_170246.jpg
    20160530_170246.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 52
I have $1,200 in Cabela's points I need to spend ASAP. As soon as I do I'm ditching their credit card. They've changed over all and have nothing I need or want.
I've got an idea, since Cabelas doesn't have anything you need or want, you could send me your 1200 points! :D

Many years ago, I went with Cabelas over Bass Pro. And yep their quality went down after the BP takeover. Funny thing, the closest three BP's to me have a Cabelas within sight. And all 6 are still open. Not sure how they're doing that.

This is great news, I hope Sportsmans stays in business independently. It is a much better store than BP. Bp is ok for the novelty of the fish tanks (for the kids of course)...and the taxidermy displays/mounts and that is about where it ends.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom