No more Kansas landowner tags..?

1BigDeer

This is from the state website: "There will be no landowner transferable permits in 2008. Nonresident application period is May 1 - 31."

What caused this change? I always wanted to hunt KS and figured that I would buy a landowner tag if I couldn't draw. I would appreciate any information.

Don't know what caused it but it has been talked about for the last year. Points only are like $20 and you will probably draw at least every other year. Of course no one really knows with next year being the first true draw year.

They took a beating in the PR dept. over those stupid tags, they are going to print more $ and sell tags equal to the long term average of applicants/ unit. They haven't said how much they will cost- that's code for "They're goin up boys." they've seen the e-bay prices for those Trans tags and want that $ for themselves. Nothing new there really- look anywhere in the west- it's everywhere. For all the dirty details get the F&G magazine, they outline it there in detail. It'll change any public land into a zoo more than it is already as all those n-r draw tags with nowhere to go and hunt. The good news is you'll be able to hunt Ks, the bad news is so will everyone else.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom