No success

12pointer

Well, I tried my best to kill drooper but just couldn't get it done. Hunted both shotgun seasons and late muzzleloader.
Here's a picture of him 18 yards from my stand on opening day of 2nd shotgun. I was in that stand till 10:00AM so I missed him by 6&1/2 hours ( the time stamp is wrong it's actually 4:19 in the afternoon). I was hunting my other property in the afternoon. Could have shot several other bucks but was holding out for this one.
PICT0082.jpg
PICT0083.jpg

Dang! That's when trail cams are the worst, when they show you what you could have had! Ignorance would be better than regret! You got him on camera though so that is a small victory! He's a great buck!

Had these 2 deer during shotgun season, the 12 at 14 yards and the 8 at 10 yards but I don't want to kill a deer just so I can say I got one. The 12 looks like a young deer and I hope he's around next year. I'll be posting pictures this summer.
WGI_0110.JPG
PICT0257.JPG
PICT0256.JPG

I can clearly see why you held off ! The dropper is a one of a kind , once in a lifetime buck. Hopefully he’s still upright and makes it another year !

I've been wondering how this story ended. Didn't see this post till now. Looks like a few more chapters, yet to be written, we'll get to enjoy reading!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom