Non Res. draw

joesikora

Long Time Member
Can anyone help with what units, or hunt codes to draw for all species? Thanks in advance for your help.

Joe

LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-07 AT 05:39PM (MST)[p]i would put in for area 121. they have deer, some elk, and some of the sheep up their. it is great for deer! monsters!!! and if you are looking for elk i would put in for area 111. great bulls up in them hills!

But whatever you do do not put in for area 10! unless you just want to get out. they will give you that tag if it is your last choice! they hand out over 1000 tags for that area. not a lot of deer, but if you can find them, they are pretty decent.

You will probably get a few different answers on that question Joe. I would suggest going to the Nevada Division of Wildlife website. At the top portion of the main page there is a menu, go into the Hunt menu, then Hunter Resources, and then click onto Big Game Hunter Statistics and Draw Odds. There is some good info available going back to 2000. I just think it's a good place to start because it gives you a good idea of quantity and quality of animals in the different units taken in recent years. The only down side is that the odds may depress you, but you won't get any tags if you're not putting in. If you have some questions about specific areas after that, you can probably get some good general info on these boards.

There's my 2 cents, hope it helps.

now I know that thay give out alot of tags. but dount let that turn you away. if you what to backpack in then have a real good chance that you will get a good buck. I have seen alot of big bucks come from 10 but the thing is you must hunt as hard as you can and I mean hard.

hey! i was hunting on the thirty mile road. and yeah we seen alot of deer but all does. we only seen one buck the whole season! but yeah you have to hunt it hard!!!!

Area 10 bucks in Aug.

deerinSC.jpg

Hmm...

If you can't find deer in 10 you are either not looking hard enough or not hunting. I was seeing upwards of 50 deer in spots, several nice 4pts, and lots of smaller bucks. Just have to stop and look. The brush here is thicker than most areas of the state. You can't expect to see an entire deer. Ears, legs, tiprs of antlers, etc. 20,000 or so deer in area 10, that's nearly 20% of all the deer in the state.

Later,

Marcial

Don't listen to TimberHunter, he has no idea what his is talkin about. 121 does have some good deer and elk, however 121 is a tough elk area. Unit 111 has huge deer and elk as well. Unit 111 is my first choice every year. If you have any more ?'s give me a PM. Hope this helps.

Timberline

i am talking about the thirty mile hunt. we didn't see as much deer their. i don't really care for area10 because of so many people. but that is just me. and i do know what i am talking about. my dad works for some ranchers out their so i know the area pretty well!

~818j Amature Rider~
?Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides know they're in the game.?

timber,
yea your dad works for the ranch thats like on the 30 mile road you dont know the area very well obviously...have you ever been in the rubys at all? didnt think so there are some toads up there you dont get off the road thats why you dont see the bigger deer out there..... if you put the time in and backpack you can kill a good buck in almost any unit.

Oh yeah and one more thing to add 121 does not have sheep in it, at least no huntable herd! Area 10 isn't bad, just have to get off the roads, hunted it last year with an archery tag, didn't get a deer but saw some dang nice bucks! Most areas in northern and eastern Nevada have deer and elk, and you can find some good animals in all of them just depends on how much work you put into the hunts and scouting. I don't think that you could spend too much time scouting, there's no such thing!

Is this kid for real?

Come on Timberhunter , you really need to rethink your postings on here. We want you here , we dang sure want you to keep hunting and learning as much as you can , but you need to realize your sounding very foolish with most of what you post. Just be a kid and act your age, it's really ok to be young , but don't try and come off as knowing so much, just be a kid.I'm telling you now , you will get more respect from members here and also learn a bunch and heck maybe we can learn some from you as well.Your drawing alot of critisizm just because your wreckless with your words , but "we" all do that from time to time , but I think you'll be alright and better off just being a kid...I have to say though , I admire your interest/love for hunting , now if you could just simmer down a touch...

NM,

This kids momma gave him a good spanking and told him to stay away from the computer about a month or so ago for lying so much.

Brian

Timber's not lying. Don't ever, ever, ever apply for any unit 10 tag cause I love the ability to draw my last choice with 0 NR points. Ha Ha Ha

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom